Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Teenage relationships  (Read 130 times)

Offline haidyl

Teenage relationships
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:02:35 AM »
Seeing your kids grow is quite an exciting experience and journey. You see them learn to crawl, walk and soon after, they are able to make independent decisions. Teenage years, as most of you will concur, can be quite tumultuous for both parent and child, especially when they begin to date. Did you ever feel a bit disconnected from your child because of a relationship that seemed to completely sweep them off their feet? How did you handle this?

Empty Nest Moms

Teenage relationships
« on: July 08, 2018, 03:02:35 AM »

Offline Henley

Re: Teenage relationships
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 04:13:52 PM »
Oh, pretty much every single time! Boy/Girlfriends always took the limelight in my kids' lives. It was frustrating. Everything I said seemed to fall on deaf ears. However, if I'm being honest, I was worse than they were when I was a teenager. So I was able to be thankful that I didn't have to deal with a kid like myself. Thankfully, none of them picked awful significant others. I don't think I would have handled that well.

Offline Marie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:17:34 AM »
Yes, girl/boyfriends definitely take center stage when my kids have them, too.  Right now, my daughter is dating someone who is verbally abusive to her.  I am having a very difficult time deciding what to do.  If I express my concerns in a direct way, I'm afraid I'll end up alienating her, but I don't feel I can or should just sit and watch, either.  It's so tough because teens and young adults think they know it all, and it's like they just want to do the opposite of whatever their parents say. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:17:34 AM »

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 01:31:54 PM »
Oh yes, when it comes to the boyfriend/girlfriend be prepared to take a backseat! Been there done that one. Fortunately those 'bad' ones didn't last long and now everyone is in a happy relationship and I have some great grandkids. :) You just have to try and ride those out the best you can and hope for the best. And yes, the more  you push one way the more they will go the other. (of course we were never like that!)

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 01:40:00 AM »
I think the point here is that when talking to them about relationships, we should be as open and accommodative as possible. Looking back at how we fared at the same age could also influence our kind of approach.

Thankfully my kids didn't pick abusive partners. Even though they made the wrong choices at some point, they were able to learn from these.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 01:40:00 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms