Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: An interesting new topic....  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Elizabeth

An interesting new topic....
« on: July 07, 2018, 03:50:03 PM »
I have a friend who lost her only child in a car accident several years ago and it just about devastated them. It was so sad. So I understand about the 'different' kind of empty nest.

I will say that they went on to have a couple more kids after a few years. They were young when they married but had decided to just have one child. They do still miss their first son a lot and talk about him often.

I imagine it is very hard for some parents to lose a child  other then them leaving home for college, etc. I certainly feel for them after what I saw my friend go through.

Thanks for starting this, I hope it will help some get through their heartbreak.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline Bewitched

Re: An interesting new topic....
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 08:36:25 PM »
My son is in a perilous position right now and I have imagined what it would be like to lose a child many times over the past decade. It's painful enough to imagine but I'm sure the real thing is a million times worse. My heart goes out to your friends. I'm glad they were able to have another child and still speak freely about their firstborn.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 03:08:58 AM »
My heart goes out to your friend because losing a family member is not easy for anyone. It is also good to hear that the fond memories of their child have kept them going. I also know that you have been there for them and so keep encouraging them because they will continue drawing strength from such people as yourself.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 04:08:52 PM »
Elizabeth, it would be awful to lose a child.  They're supposed to bury you, not the other way around.  I'm glad your friends could heal. Thank you for sharing that story.  The human spirit is amazing.

Bewitched, I'm sorry to hear that your son is struggling.  It's tough to watch that as a mother. 

Offline Marie

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 04:37:48 AM »
Elizabeth,

My heart truly goes out to your friends.  I can't even imagine the kind of pain that losing a child to death brings.  I worry about my kids all the time and fear something might happen to them.  Just thinking about it makes me cry, but I'm sure the real thing hurts so much more.  I'm so glad that they still talk about their firstborn.  I think that's a wonderful way to keep him alive - to share their memories with others.  He will always be in their hearts.

Offline EnjoyingLife

• Enjoy your "Senior Years"!
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 05:06:28 PM »
I think this is a great new topic. There are so many out there that are going through different types of 'empty nest' and if they can find their way here for some support and encouragement it might help them get through it, especially when they realize there are others out there going through similar.

I'm sorry also to hear of your friend Elizabeth and it was good that she had you to lean on at times.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms