Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Continue Living The Dream  (Read 2795 times)

Offline MerryMe

Continue Living The Dream
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:15:24 PM »
Many of us remain at home after our kids have moved out of the house. I'm guessing that many of us have a dream of going to different places or doing crazy things when we were younger. Do you think we are too old to continue living the dream?

Empty Nest Moms

Continue Living The Dream
« on: July 01, 2018, 06:15:24 PM »

Offline Treasure

Re: Continue Living The Dream
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 08:51:55 PM »
Absolutely! There are tons of places I wanted to go when I was younger but couldn't because of my family or finances. Now, we're in a much better position financially and free to do as we please. I think now is an even better time to visit those places than when I was younger. I don't think you're ever too old to "live the dream", but sometimes what you considered "the dream" years ago won't be the same as now.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 02:31:28 AM »
I agree with Treasure about the dream. We dream impossible dreams when we were younger. Right now, we are more practical in life and especially with finances. I still like to travel, but I have to consider my savings for future health care problem.

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »
Hi! I'm new here. My dream was to take my kids everywhere I went, on every adventure I went on, to never leave them out of anything fun or exciting. Now my kids have moved out, except for my youngest. She is 22 and is autistic. This has been really hard for me. My husband is 21 years older than I am, so I'm not only dealing with my kids moving out but with what comes from caring for him.
I still have plenty of things that I would like to do, but none of it sounds as exciting without my kids. How do you guys deal with all of this? I keep plenty busy. I'm still in school working on a graduate degree and a few other certifications on the side. I have 4 of the cutest little dogs in the world and they do keep me on my toes. But most nights I find myself in the living room alone with my thoughts. That can sometimes be an unpleasant thing. Tips, suggestions, I'll take any advise given.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 05:31:30 PM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 07:25:27 PM »
Hi Charlene, welcome to the empty nest moms forum! Glad you are joining in. Well just my 2 cents but I would try to continue to do some of those things you have been wanting to do. I know it may not be the same without the kids but who knows, there may come a time later on when they will want to go and do things with you.

You mentioned your hubby being older, is he able to travel or do some of the things you are wanting to do? I know it's hard but we do have to keep on going. Although it does sound like you have a very busy life! Congrats on still going for a degree and other things. What degree are you going for?

I'm sure your doggies appreciate the time you spend with them!

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 06:42:07 AM »
Hi Elizabeth!
The degree I'm currently working toward is a Master's in Clinical and Forensic Psychology. I only have 6 more moths to finish this one out. I begin my internship on Monday. As for my husband, unfortunately he has a hard time getting around. He is 69 and has a hard time even helping me take the dogs out now.
I never thought about a time when my kids wouldn't be with me, you know? In every day dream or future thought I had, they were always with me. I know this sounds crazy, but I even imagined that I would build this big "compound" like home and they would bring their significant others and live there. LOL
I think it's harder to accept your kids moving out when they're your best friends. And they lived at home for so long. The 2 that left were 26 and 24 when they finally left this April. One went a couple of states away. I may have taken that better if she hadn't moved so far so fast.

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »
Hey Charlene, welcome to this forum and I can guarantee you that you are the right place. I didn't know a lot prior to joining this forum and so it has been a great learning curve. There are better days ahead and all I wish for you is success as you near the completion of your course.

I think it is never too late to live the dream. We may not visit as many places as we would want but all the same, what we have now is a little more time than back in the day. We even hope to visit some of these exciting places, together with our kids.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:15:20 PM »

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 01:56:23 PM »
Thanks Cherie for the support!

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 11:29:30 PM »
Hello there Charlene. It is good to know you have joined this forum because people here are friendly and many of us have the same predicament of wanting our kids to stay with us longer.

Advance congratulations on your graduate degree, wishing you all the best in your career.

My nephew is autistic as well and I have somewhat of an idea on how challenging it is to take care of these precious ones. Sharing your concerns with us will help you unload the pressure and there might be some members here who can share their experiences on how to handle matters with mentally-challenged individuals.

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 07:21:23 AM »
Mom Of Two,
Thank you. Having studied nearly every mental disability there is (because I've studied Psychology for almost 20 years now), I can  honestly say, there are days when I still have no clue how to handle Rose, my daughter. LOL You never really know what she's thinking. She truly is an anomaly. lol Life would not be the same without her. I'm pretty sure that she will be with me for the rest of my life, which is awesome, because I will never be alone or board.
Thank you for the good wishes on my degree! Only 6 months of internship left! I want to open my own office. I'm a certified life coach, nutritionist, working on the certification for stress management, and want to be certified in hypnotherapy. I don't like the idea of leaving my husband and Rose at home all day. My husband is 69 years old and not in good health. I worry whenever I have to away for long periods of time.
Do you have this problem? If so how do you handle it?

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2018, 03:44:32 PM »
Hi Charlene....it certainly sounds like you have a busy life and what and interesting degree! I'm sure you will enjoy your internship. Hopefully you will get to visit with your other two kids often? Have they gotten settled in their new life?

Offline CharleneS

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
Thank you! I'm really looking forward to starting this internship. As for seeing my kids, one lives about 45 minutes from me, and rarely hear from him. My daughter moved to Kentucky and do hear from her a lot through facebook. You got to love facebook at least for that. LOL

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 07:04:35 AM »
Hi Charlene. You are a very talented lady having juggled all those important things, may I say, gracefully.

I do love Facebook because I can call anyone I love, free of charge, as long as I'm connected to the internet.

I don't know if this will work, but have you considered setting up a clinic in your house, or at least near it so you won't have to worry about your husband and your daughter?

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 04:32:52 AM »
Do you have this problem? If so how do you handle it?

I don't have the same problem as you do so I won't suggest anything as I might cause harm than good. However, if I were in your situation, I will talk to my husband and consider what is good for the whole family. It will be a hard decision because there will be comprises between my husband and myself, but we have to do it for the welfare of everyone.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2018, 04:32:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms