Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking the Plunge!  (Read 2687 times)

Offline Marie

Taking the Plunge!
« on: June 29, 2018, 06:05:20 AM »
I've decided to finally take the plunge!  I've been thinking about volunteering with my local animal shelter for quite some time.  Later today, I'm going to go down there and fill out an application. 

I've also been thinking about adopting a dog for a while.  I'm going to see if any of the dogs claim me as their human while I'm there. 

I'm ready to make some positive changes in my life. 

Empty Nest Moms

Taking the Plunge!
« on: June 29, 2018, 06:05:20 AM »

Offline 4am coffee

Re: Taking the Plunge!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 11:51:07 AM »
Good Luck!  :13:

Sounds like a positive and productive way to fill your time. If I ever did the animal shelter thing though, it would be cats. I'm more of a cat person.

Offline Marie

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 04:08:37 AM »
4am Coffee, our local shelter has cats, too, so I imagine I'll be working with them some as well.  I like cats, too.  I am just more of a dog person myself.  Furry companions are awesome because they give that unconditional love!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 04:08:37 AM »

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 03:56:26 PM »
That sounds like a wonderful way to spend your time! It also sounds like the perfect way to meet the pup of your dreams! I've always wanted to do something like that. I just don't know if I could spend even an hour there and not want to bring every single one of them home with me. I have no self-control.

Offline Marie

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 06:13:52 AM »
@MagicMindy, that is definitely the hard part - seeing all the adorable dogs and wanting to take them all home, knowing all the while that you can't.  It's especially hard when you learn that a particular dog has had a hard life, and you want so badly to give him or her a better life.  I just pray that all the dogs will find humans who will love them the way they deserve.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2018, 06:13:52 AM »

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 03:53:20 PM »
While this is something that I would love to do I know for certain I couldn't! I think they call it "Foster Failure" ? I would be bringing home all the animals who weren't finding homes right a way.

I do admire you for taking the plunge though and good luck to you!  :smileycat: :smalldoggie:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »
Hope you are enjoying your time volunteering! I have 3 kitties that are the world to me. They were my sole companions as we drove from RI to Fl last November! It's also a good way to check out the dogs/cats to see which one/s you might want to adopt when you are ready! Plus, you are making all the animals feel very special by spending time with them!! Enjoy!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2018, 05:16:00 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms