Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Have you ever experienced loneliness ever since the kids left?  (Read 2129 times)

Offline cherie

My husband has never been a loud person but when the kids were around it wasn't easy to notice this. He wouldn't speak much but his presence was always felt. We would all jog once in a while in the afternoon and he loved to have everyone participate in most activities. When the kids left, it felt so different and so at first loneliness started to creep in but over time, I learned how to make him talk when he wanted to. He is now more responsive and even initiates most of the conversations. We have managed to have each others' backs.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Marie

Re: Have you ever experienced loneliness ever since the kids left?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 03:32:48 AM »
That's really awesome!  My husband and I are still struggling some with communication.  Do you have any tips to offer?  How did you get him to talk to you more?  I would really love it if my husband talked to me more, and I'd love it even more if he initiated some of the conversations!

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »
My husband isn't the loud type as well, and I have learned to just let him be. He does not like being forced to talk just for the sake of it and whereas it may be difficult at first, you learn to let the conversations flow as time goes by, Striking that balance is an achievement that all of us aim for.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 12:41:40 PM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:52 AM »
Join your husband to what he likes to do. Even trying to have an interest in what our husbands are doing will make them talk. However, as girlchild said, we must know how to balance it because when we push our husbands too hard, then they might totally shut down.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 04:50:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms