Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Our latest 'addition'.....  (Read 2424 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Our latest 'addition'.....
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »
Not sure just where they come from.... :dunno:  but they are usually kittens. This Manx has actually been hanging around for several months, it's just taken most of that to tame him. He's still a bit skittish but I can actually pick him up and hold him for just a little bit. Been trying to get him to a point where I can get him in and get him fixed. He's a sweetie most of the time.

Empty Nest Moms

Our latest 'addition'.....
« on: June 26, 2018, 04:48:34 PM »

Offline cherie

Re: Our latest 'addition'.....
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »
Wow, he looks so adorable. It feels so nice when a pet hangs around the compound, at times trying to ascertain and determine whether or not to trust you. I can't wait to see you take him in.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »
He's so cute! You must have a lot of patience to try and tame and adult cat that was wild at first. I'm sure he is enjoying his new home! Keep us posted on how's he's doing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 04:24:50 PM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 06:18:27 AM »
What a handsome guy! I'm glad he's slowly learning to trust you - that is really awesome for a kitty who has been outside for months. :) I hope you can get him in before winter comes. I just hate thinking of the poor outdoor kitties in winter.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »
thank you all he has come a long way and will now follow me all around when I'm outside. He does still like to chase a few of the other cats but doesn't seem to hurt them, just scare them to death!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 03:36:03 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 06:17:51 PM »
Awww I just ask about him in another post..  so glad for the update. 
Is he acting possessive of you when he chases the other cats away?

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 06:28:30 PM »
Well funny you should mention that Mary but he does get a tad possessive when I'm outside with him and another cat comes our way but I'm trying to 'teach' him to 'be a good boy'.  :rofl:  Trying is the key word here.

But he does like to chase some of them sometimes. Considering how many are here most of them get along. You have one that will chase this one and another that will chase that one and so on!

After watching My Cat From Hell a lot I think all in all they get along pretty good!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 06:32:01 PM »
I like watching that stuff, and seeing how they pick up on why one wont like another one.  Both dogs and cats have their own personalities.  The two I have now are great and sit on each other and snuggle.  My son talks of bringing in a new one and he wants another big one...  a male!  I shudder and urge him to wait till he gets his own place.  Right now my kids are easy!  My fear is he will get one then the place he gets to rent wont accept big dogs (wish is highly likely) and I'll be stuck again.  My Bruno was his big boy..   :dunno:

Offline Bev1960

• Retired at Last!
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 07:34:56 AM »
He is really a cute guy Jeanine! I love Manx cats, we've had some over the years and they seem to have their own personality. Hope you have him for a long time. Looks like he might have found him a good home.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 09:50:28 AM »
Thanks Bev they are a breed all their own and most all the ones we've had have been great cats.

Oh Mary I understand what you mean about ending up taking care of another dog if  your son gets one. We did that with two different dogs for one reason or another. Both great dogs but didn't start out as 'ours'. I don't think I could count or even remember all of the dogs we have had over the years. A lot of them were strays that were found at different places. Some we kept others we found homes for. Oh, that goes for cats too!  :-\

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 10:09:24 AM »
Oh boy, I'm with you guys on this one! We have had a lot of both dogs and cats over the years. They just seem to find us some how and we are such suckers for strays. If it wasn't one of us (hubby and me) it was one of the kids OR they just seemed to find their way to our house. What's a person to do though? It's just so sad that so many out there are just 'dumped' off for someone else to take care of.  :(

Offline MaryB

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »
I know but there has to be a cut off.  My back aches now, bathing just the 2 ..  I dont want anymore.  I want to just take care of me if that is all possible in this lifetime

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 04:56:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms