Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Still sad  (Read 6205 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Re: Still sad
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 04:46:09 AM »
Many people say that time heals everything. I beg to differ because it is truly hard to let go of our children whom we took care of. We surely want to see our children as often as possible, but we have to respect their independence no matter how much we miss them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2018, 04:46:09 AM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 06:17:12 AM »
Mom of Two so right.  We have to balance that with leaving them to get on with their life and not seeming needy. Sometimes it’s like walking on egg shells,  You sound like a lovely Mum to think that by the way x

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »
Guineagirl, it sounds like you got hit with two difficult changes around the same time.  It's understandable to be sad and I'm sorry you're going through so much!  I go have periods where I love the freedom of being an empty nester and those when it makes me panic because I'm so worried about my daughter and son.  About your daughter, can you make a standing date once or twice a month?  If travel is difficult, you can try connecting over something like Rabbit which will let you watch shows together. 

I deal with my father's death by making a donation in his memory on holidays and on his birthday.  I pick charities that would have been important to him.  Sometimes I donate time and sometimes I donate money.  I also gussy up his tombstone and the surrounding area.  It sounds odd, but it helps me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 02:33:56 AM »
I’m sorry about your dad Quiet Abode, it’s nice to speak to people who understand.  gussy I’ve never heard that before I think we call it comfort lol and yes I really do understand you.  I go to Mams grave well Dad is buried beneath Mam in the same grave probably every two to four weeks I get a lot of comfort from that too.  I chat to them too.  I see my daughter week Friday for the weekend.  I sometimes wonder if the changes were more spread out I would of coped better who knows.  My daughter hang outs on the phone she put that on it for me I’m so useless with phones but not iPads x

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2018, 04:51:08 AM »
Mom of Two so right.  We have to balance that with leaving them to get on with their life and not seeming needy. Sometimes it’s like walking on egg shells,  You sound like a lovely Mum to think that by the way x
Thanks for the compliment, but I don't see myself that good. I try to learn with how my children react in the way I care for them. Being a parent is really hard because if we hold the bird so tightly then it might suffocate and if we hold it too loosely then it might fly away to never come back.

How was the weekend with your daughter, by the way?

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »
Hi Mom of Two,

I think the fact you know these things means that you are aware and will make a great Mom.  I see daughter this Friday tea traffic permitting a three hour drive may turn into a five hour one otherwise.  I love the Saturday as I’m there and not coming home until Sunday so it’s like all my worries go away because I know I’m near her.  I seem to do the opposite to my Mam bringing her up who knows my daughter has learned things from she’ll do the opposite to.  We do our best it is a tiring job being a Mam x

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2018, 05:37:53 AM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »
Hi Guineagirl, just checking up on your to see how things are going? I hope you are doing or and having better days? How's your daughter adjusting to being away from home?

Just remember we're here for you when you need a place to talk. :tinypinkflowers:

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2018, 01:04:01 PM »
Hi Guineagirl, just checking up on your to see how things are going? I hope you are doing or and having better days? How's your daughter adjusting to being away from home?

Just remember we're here for you when you need a place to talk. :tinypinkflowers:

Hi,

How nice to remember me and ask.  I do like this forum as we can chat about how we feel without strange looks like we would get from people who don’t understand.  I check in every day and read threads as a way of getting advice I suppose listening virtually lol.  My daughter is trying to find a better job and so rings every day to vent to me, which I don’t mind but it is stressful to not feel guilty.  Guilt is a funny emotion. I means she will move about an extra hour from us when we visit so about four hours drive in good traffic.   I go on holiday this week with her so I’m looking forward to it although we have said work and certain subjects are banned.  I suppose I’ve felt better as I’ve had this break to look forward to.  So much grieving when they leave home x

Offline FeelingBetter

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 04:44:47 PM »
Hello Guineagirl, I'm new here and reading a lot of the post and came across yours.  Hope you have a nice Holiday with your daughter! Sounds like to are still trying to adjust to her being off to college. It took me/us awhile to get there but we have finally gotten to a point where we are ok now. So hang in there and keep on moving on. Enjoy those visits when you can. Sounds like you will be ok.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2018, 08:59:48 PM »
Hello again Guineagirl. How was your holiday with your daughter? I'm sure you had a great time with her. My family had a vacation as well and that is why I wasn't here for a long time.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2018, 02:46:14 AM »
Hello again Guineagirl. How was your holiday with your daughter? I'm sure you had a great time with her. My family had a vacation as well and that is why I wasn't here for a long time.

Hi MomOfTwo, I’m glad you had a lovely holiday it’s very kind of you to remember.  We had a great time with her it feels better being three or us not two, probably the same as you feel too. It’s just more fun.   She visited last weekend, so the next visit is us to her or her to us on the 2 November she hasn’t decided which, we let her decide. X  when will you be next together?

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »
I'm glad that you can plan for you to be together.

As for us, it will be hard because my son's visit was brief. He has to go back to work. He surprised us because he wanted us to see his fiancee. It was good of him that he remembered us and let us see her before their marriage.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2018, 09:05:21 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms