Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How To Prepare Self When A Loved One Is On Deathbed?  (Read 3193 times)

Offline MerryMe

How To Prepare Self When A Loved One Is On Deathbed?
« on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:39 AM »
It is not easy to prepare ourselves when our loved one is dying. How do we cope up with the emotional stress that this experience ensues? For me, I think it is harder to prepare self for this kind of sad event than grieving for someone who has passed away already.

Empty Nest Moms

How To Prepare Self When A Loved One Is On Deathbed?
« on: June 20, 2018, 04:22:39 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: How To Prepare Self When A Loved One Is On Deathbed?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 06:17:48 PM »
I dont think we can really prepare.  No matter what, when they leave it is hard.
I hope you are writing this for future and not going thru it now.
 :big hug smiley sign:

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »
If you're going through this right now, I'm so sorry. There's nothing that can really prepare us for the loss of a loved one. Take advantage of the time you have left with them. If there's something unspoken between the two of you, say it now. That kind of regret will stick with you, believe me. I don't know if you're religious, but turning to God has helped me in the past. My thoughts/prayers are with you.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 03:08:33 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 03:46:35 PM »
I have to agree, there is no way you can prepare  yourself for someone dying even when you know they may not have but very little time left. You still feel the grief  that comes with it. I'm with the rest here and hope you are not going through this now, if so, you are in our prayers.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 01:44:57 AM »
I kind of understand why you have that username. We humans try to mask our negative emotions with something positive for us not to feel really down. I'm also with the others here that I'm hoping you are not going through such experience as all of us don't like to experience that.

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 04:44:10 AM »
Thanks for the kind thoughts everyone. My grandmother is counting her days already. Her mind is still sharp but her body is really frail that she cannot walk anymore. In fact, she can no longer eat solids as she doesn't even have the strength to chew her own food.

I'm trying my best to remain positive and so I made that nickname.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 04:44:10 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2018, 06:19:02 AM »
I truly hope you are not facing this situation right now  If you are, I'm so sorry.

I agree with the others - I don't think you can ever truly prepare yourself for someone's death.  If you are religious, you might find some comfort in your Higher Power. 

You might want to consider joining a grief support group.  Some of them might help you cope with anticipatory grief before the death as well as the grief that follows the death of a loved one.  Learn on family and friends who are supportive and who will allow you to feel all of your emotions. 

The death of a loved one is an incredibly difficult situation to deal with - one that you should never have to face alone.

Offline Olive

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 02:09:07 AM »
We cannot prepare ourselves to lose someone we love. I know because I was in that predicament last year when my mother was terminally ill. I made myself busy in order not burden myself with grief, but it is easier said than done because I still think of her while I'm working.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 02:09:07 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms