Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Words We Shouldn't Say  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Guineagirl

Re: Words We Shouldn't Say
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »
How should people respond in these situations?  I see the "don'ts", but what about the "do's"?  I always worry that I'm saying the wrong thing when I just desperately want to help my friend or loved one.  What works best?
I think, well  i can only say what works for me is knowing that someone cares works wonders and a hug especially.  If you feel like no one cares it is terrible and to just ask if they are ok also.  Helping them out in anyway as well, I think that’s what you mean x

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2018, 12:55:21 PM »

Offline EmilyJ.

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

I think, well  i can only say what works for me is knowing that someone cares works wonders and a hug especially.  If you feel like no one cares it is terrible and to just ask if they are ok also.  Helping them out in anyway as well, I think that’s what you mean x
Yes, that's a big help!  My dear friend just lost her dad and she's not doing good.  I obviously wouldn't say something ridiculous like that cleaning lady did to you and I give you props for not losing your temper on her.  Still, I feel like I should be able to soothe my friend better than I am.  When I've lost people, there's nothing anyone could do to comfort me.  I just needed time to sort through my feelings.  I know my friend would appreciate someone reaching out though, so I'll keep trying.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »

Yes, that's a big help!  My dear friend just lost her dad and she's not doing good.  I obviously wouldn't say something ridiculous like that cleaning lady did to you and I give you props for not losing your temper on her.  Still, I feel like I should be able to soothe my friend better than I am.  When I've lost people, there's nothing anyone could do to comfort me.  I just needed time to sort through my feelings.  I know my friend would appreciate someone reaching out though, so I'll keep trying.

I think also Emily that the person can just be exactly how they feel with you.  Nothing is worse than feeling like you can’t feel upset or down when you are grieving with people, otherwise further down the line bottling it up causes such problems as I can relate to.  You are a good friend x :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2018, 10:02:13 AM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 09:59:47 AM »
How should people respond in these situations?  I see the "don'ts", but what about the "do's"?  I always worry that I'm saying the wrong thing when I just desperately want to help my friend or loved one.  What works best?

Great question, although I think I said some suggestions on how to sympathize like saying "how are you feeling?". There are also times that the best way to sympathize and empathize (which is also very important) is "to be there" and be quiet. Sit beside that friend or family member and let that person express how he or she is feeling.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2018, 09:59:47 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms