Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Accepting Them As They Are  (Read 2528 times)

Offline 4am coffee

Accepting Them As They Are
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »
If we have elderly parents, we all need to keep at least one thing in mind: They are set in their ways and mindsets, so we need to accept them for who they are.

If they believe they are right about something but you think they are wrong........they're right anyway. We shouldn't rock that boat in their golden years.

Empty Nest Moms

Accepting Them As They Are
« on: June 18, 2018, 02:14:18 PM »

Offline ava

Re: Accepting Them As They Are
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 05:23:20 AM »
You shouldn't rock their boats at their golden years because chances are, you will never win an argument. I think that it is much easier to learn how to communicate with them because in this way, they will feel appreciated.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »
Arguing with older individuals will always have bad results. The best way to have a good conversation with them is by letting them speak their minds and we listen to them. I think this is because they think they have lived longer than us and they might also think that they are wiser than people who are younger than them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:19 AM »

Offline Katy

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2018, 03:43:32 AM »
I agree with you.  It's really not worth it to try to get our elderly parents to change their opinions.  Oftentimes, seniors do have a lot of wisdom to impart.  I try to remember that my parents have had more experiences than I have.  If I disagree with them about something, I just keep my mouth shut.  But even when I don't like what they have to say, I can usually learn something from their experiences.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »
Yes, we can learn from their experiences and their mistakes as well. If we think we can't win an argument with them, then let us win them through our love for them. When they see our care and concern for them, then they usually tone down their defensive behavior.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 09:10:23 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms