Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Reconnecting with Your Husband?  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Marie

Reconnecting with Your Husband?
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:15:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've found it difficult to reconnect with my husband since our kids left home.  We go on date nights, and they are nice, but we tend to run out of things to talk about.  I try to show an interest in my husband's job and hobbies.  Without our kids, though, the conversation ends up stalling halfway through dinner.

I'd love to take a trip with my husband, even go to the mountains for a weekend, but I'm a afraid that it would be very awkward.  How can I make it less awkward?  Do I plan activities for us to do to keep us busy? 

What do you all find is the best way to connect with your husband again?  I appreciate any suggestions!

Offline MomOfTwo

Re: Reconnecting with Your Husband?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »
You have a similar predicament with one of the ladies here. She is also struggling to reconnect with her husband after their son has left home.

In my experience, we need to get away from any gadgets that we are using these days. We will be forced to talk to each other when we are separated with our phones, laptops, or TV's. Easier said than done, so I am with you in your plan to spend a vacation together but use your phone only for "important" communications.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:27:15 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2018, 05:37:37 AM »
That's a great point, MomOfTwo!  Our electronics are huge distractions.  If we end up planning a vacation, I will suggest that we turn our phones off for much of the time so they aren't a distraction.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »
When you go on a date night, pretend it's one of those dates you took when you first met.
Talk about the same things you talked about then.
Pretend you're getting to know each other for the first time.
Try to remember what it was that made you fall in love.
What it was that made you want to be with the other all the time?

Do that again.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 02:09:34 PM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:55 AM »
I love that idea, 4am Coffee! :)

It could be a lot of fun getting to know each other again. 

Reminiscing on past events both in our lives together as well as in the world in general could be a lot of fun!  Maybe we could go to a 70s-themed restaurant or something to spark some good memories.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 04:04:55 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms