Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Was 'empty nest' everything you had planned?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline ava

Was 'empty nest' everything you had planned?
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:17:26 PM »
We started getting used to the fact that the kids would leave at some point, but when the reality set in, everything did not necessarily fall into place. We had no idea that there would be so much time left, once the kids were on their own. Plans had to be reorganized and as much as we took trips, invited friends and even organized to have the kids around or visited them, much of this free time was spent just between us.

How did it go for you? Were you shell-shocked at first?

Empty Nest Moms

Was 'empty nest' everything you had planned?
« on: June 08, 2018, 12:17:26 PM »

Offline Marie

Re: Was 'empty nest' everything you had planned?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 09:54:40 PM »
I can relate.  I didn't realize just how busy my kids kept us until they left home.  I have a lot more time to read, do some home improvement projects with my husband, and actually have some free time on weekends to go to the flea market or festivals now, but I still find myself with a lot of spare time on my hands.  It's amazing how busy our children kept us.  My spouse and I are having to rediscover who we are both as individuals and as a couple, and it isn't always the smoothest road.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »
I wasn't shell-shocked because I saw it coming AND accepted it. Not saying that others do yet don't, but I didn't want to get all worked up over it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 01:20:18 PM »

Offline ava

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 04:02:53 AM »
True Marie, rediscovering each other isn't always the easiest thing to do but I bet you will emerge as better people, once you are through with this process. Having a lot of time that you didn't have before could easily distract anyone and I agree with Indiana that accepting this and ultimately moving on, changes everything.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »
It wasn't what we envsioned, that's for sure. "Planned" isn't quite the right word I would use, but there were adjustments to be made between what we thought it would be like and how it actually was.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:44:50 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms