Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Husband Is Always Busy  (Read 2410 times)

Offline MerryMe

My Husband Is Always Busy
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:55:33 AM »
Is it just my husband or other men as well that the way they cope up with empty nest syndrome is by keeping themselves busy all the time? I miss our only child now that he is gone to another country but I also miss my husband as we don't talk anymore because he is keeping himself busy with different things. Can anyone suggest something which I can do to help my husband become open with me again?

Offline MaryB

Re: My Husband Is Always Busy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »
Hi MerryMe!  Welsome to the forum!   :039:

All I can think of is to suggest getting involved with what he's doing?  I mean if you can.  I surely am not interested in what my husband does but at this point where you are trying to cope, maybe you can try? :big hug smiley sign:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:38:27 PM »

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:12:24 PM »
Hello there MerryMe. I go with what Mary said about joining the activity of your husband.

I'm not a counselor of any kind, except to my children, but there might be some gap in the relationship between you and your husband. Try cooking or buying him his favorite food. As the saying goes, the way to a man's heart is through the stomach.

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »
Thanks for your kind suggestions. My husband is the type of man where he doesn't want others to chip in on whatever he is doing. I would have to go with MomOfTwo's suggestion as he really likes to eat. We eat together but he is always hurrying to finish his food so he can go back to whatever he is doing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 04:54:24 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2018, 04:57:38 AM »
Hi MerryMe,

Maybe you and your husband could start doing, "date night," once a week where you go out to eat?  Maybe if you go out to eat, he won't be able to rush through his meal, giving you two more time to talk and reconnect.  Perhaps asking him about his interests on date night will get him talking.  It can be really difficult to get men to open up, and I've found that many men, like your husband, try to stay busy when trying to cope with difficult emotions.  Hang in there!

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2018, 06:27:43 AM »
Thank you Marie for your input. I have tried asking him to go out on a date night, as a matter of fact. His reply is that he needed to finish whatever he is doing. I never give up though, as I think he will come out of his hard emotions in his own time.

Offline Mom56

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 01:08:04 AM »
write an activity on the calendar so the thought actually becomes something you will make happen- that way he knows he has to finish  whatever he's doing (and hopefully not startsomething else) by that day

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 01:08:04 AM »

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »
His line "I needed to finish this thing" is his defense mechanism so he won't show his real emotions. He is better these days than when I started this conversation here. I would like to thank everyone for your input as it helped me, as well as my husband, one way or another.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:29:49 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms