Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Getting A Puppy When Kids Are Away From Home  (Read 1179 times)

Offline MomOfTwo

Getting A Puppy When Kids Are Away From Home
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »
Hello everyone. I'm May and I'm glad to share and learn how to cope with a house after the kids are away from home.

My family loves dogs and I'm considering to get a new puppy after my younger son goes to college. I'm not there yet but I'm already anxious that both my darling boys will be away from me. Our eldest is already working in another country and now our youngest is going to college. Getting a puppy will try divert my loneliness.

Empty Nest Moms

Getting A Puppy When Kids Are Away From Home
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:58:16 PM »

Offline ava

Re: Getting A Puppy When Kids Are Away From Home
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
I can bet that each of us gets anxious at the thought of the kids leaving home but at least your eldest son is already working elsewhere so the experience will not be so new for you. On the flip side, you may feel very lonely since your remaining son will soon be leaving as well. Since you all love dogs, it may be a good idea to get the puppy while your son is still around. It may be his reason to keep visiting, if he will not be moving too far away from home.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »
Great idea ava. I will have to consider your suggestion and get a puppy as soon as possible and let our son name it. Any recommendation on the type of puppy that is good at keeping us busy?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 09:31:02 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 04:48:27 AM »
I think it's a great idea to get a dog when you are ready to commit to one. :) 

I would check out your local shelters and describe what you are looking for to them. There are many high-energy, intelligent breeds you may want to consider adopting, and the shelter staff should know which puppies might fit with your needs and desires best. Please keep us posted!

Offline ava

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »
I think it's a great idea to get a dog when you are ready to commit to one. :) 

I would check out your local shelters and describe what you are looking for to them. There are many high-energy, intelligent breeds you may want to consider adopting, and the shelter staff should know which puppies might fit with your needs and desires best. Please keep us posted!
Good point especially because dogs (and pets in general) take a lot of our time. Shelter staff and any other dog professionals, are best placed to suggest the best dog breed.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 01:29:54 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms