Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Puppy mills  (Read 1826 times)

Offline Treasure

Puppy mills
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »
Do you worry about whether or not a dog comes from a puppy mill when you're buying/adopting?

I was watching my friend's grandson and he told me he wanted to go see some puppies. So I took him to a pet shop; I haven't been inside of one in years. It was so tragic seeing those energetic puppies cooped up. I wanted to buy them all (even though they were crazy expensive). Of course, I know it's ethically wrong since I know those puppies come from puppy mills. I don't want to support the mills but it seems tragic that those poor puppies have to endure pet stores just because they're from mills. They didn't ask for that.

Would you ever adopt or buy a dog from a puppy mill?

Empty Nest Moms

Puppy mills
« on: June 06, 2018, 10:38:32 PM »

Offline MagicMindy

Re: Puppy mills
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 11:22:13 PM »
I'm torn on this as well. You don't want to give money to puppy mills, but you don't want to make an innocent pay the price for something they can't help. I think if I walked into a pet store then I would probably end up purchasing one because I would feel too sorry for them. I think I would at least. I don't really know.

Offline Krista

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:15:33 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this, too. 

I definitely wouldn't buy a puppy that came from a puppy mill.  However, if I found a puppy who had been in a puppy mill in a shelter, I would definitely adopt him/her.  The puppy mill wouldn't benefit from this at all because shelters don't buy puppies from mills to adopt out. 

I feel so terrible for the dogs and puppies who are stuck in or come from puppy mills.  It is incredibly sad.  The documentaries on the topic make me cry, and they make me very upset.  It breaks my heart that people can be so cruel to innocent animals.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 04:15:33 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »
It seems like this is a catch-22 for a lot of us. That's a good point about getting them from the shelters, Krista. I wonder how long these pet stores keep them before turning them over. Oh gosh, I haven't watched any documentaries about it but I don't think I could handle it. I'm still having nightmares about that pet shop.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 05:05:36 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms