Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?  (Read 5845 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Re: Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »
Hey Neale, this is and unusual rainy summer, it does happen sometimes, you just never know when. The weather has been kind of crazy for a while now. Just hoping we don't start getting anymore 'disturbances' in the Gulf or Atlantic any time soon!

It's good that your friend lives so close by and can watch your kitties for you. I know that will make you feel a little better about livig them.....Have fun!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2018, 10:23:58 AM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2018, 08:09:02 PM »
It is really weird weather here..and the thunder and lightning are so different than back home..my poor kitties aren't used to it yet. My friend and I do this for each other, saves money..and especially because we're so close..like 3 houses away, across the street.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2018, 04:33:41 PM »
Hi Mary! How are you doing? How are you enjoying having your son back home? I so remember when my son Chris wasn't communicating for almost 3 years.....heartbreaking. Then all of a sudden he showed up at my former home last October and what a surprise that was! I was in shock! Since then we talk about once a week..and I'm still so grateful to have him back. I know that I don't get to see him in person but I couldn't be happier for how things are! Do you go do things together? They definitely change since when they were younger.   Hope all is well, write when you can!

Offline MaryB

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 05:27:35 PM »
 :039:  I am here.  Been dealing with a sick pup the past couple months.  She just had surgery the 17th so thank God is recovering. 
My son is standoffish.  He sticks to himself mostly, on that phone!   :dunno:
You are right, they are different.  I see the decisions he is making with his money and want to scream.  At this rate he may never be able to get his own place! 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2018, 05:27:35 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »
Hi! I hope she keeps on healing..that must have been scary. It's hard sometimes to figure out what our kids are thinking or planning to do with their future. I feel like I'm more often here to just listen to him and I guess sometimes he actually takes my advice!? Does he have any plans on going anywhere? Is he working while he's at home?

Offline MaryB

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2018, 05:36:19 PM »
Oh yes, he has worked since he got here.  He has always carried a job.  But he came in with such debt, that unless he gets that taken care of he cannot afford to move out and according to him it's horrible to live with his parents...   :dunno:  but he has his own ways!  Like he tells me often, he is a grown man now!   :017:

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »
It is hard to catch up with debt sometimes. I know my son has some cc debt. At least he's working and working toward the goal of getting his own place, that's great! You can understand how he feels having to move home but I'm sure he appreciates having a home to get to stay in while he's figuring out how to move on! It's temporary for him and I'm sure you just love having him home!! When Chris was home last October, I just couldn't get over the idea that each morning I could see him sleeping in my home again, even though it was temporary. It helped me feel much better!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:14 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »
I have to hold back from hugging him.  He is standoffish so I cant but yea I am so glad he is back in my life..  He has me running in circles.  I hear other son's that do for the mom but this one seems to think I live to wait on him, but after losing him once you can bet I'll do it.  He has changed so much because my old son would never treat me like this.

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2018, 06:41:40 PM »
I wonder if our sons realize how important a hug from them is to us...I remember, "walking on egg shells" for a little bit when Chris came back. It's also probably harder to have them living with you than not living with you, like my son. Chris is the one who always calls and he wants to give me one of his computers too..sweet. He also knows that I'm trying to get a job, he's really kind about that..keeps making me feel good even though I feel awful not having a job yet.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 04:35:15 PM »
That's good that your son considers you like that.  My son let Mother's day pass even though this was the first one in 9 years that he has been in my life.  Then 2 weeks later I guess his conscience got to him and he got me a flower and said it was for mother's day.  That or he wanted to honor his dad for Father's day so he felt he better..who knows!  I just know this young man is not the same young man he was before he got with those crazy family!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 08:09:05 PM »
That was so nice to get the flower for Mother's Day...I don't think I've received anything for quite a few years from Chris...not even an ecard...Chris supposedly doesn't have an email address...don't get it. I have received Mother's Day gifts before..a few years ago. I love getting his phone calls...much more than my daughter.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2018, 02:23:44 AM »
How are you healing, nvgt16?  The last time I was here you had been in a terrible wreck.  I hope you're feeling much better!  How do you like Florida? 

MaryB., I'm not excusing your son, but I think men just don't think about those things like women do.  I have a fantastic husband, who would forget to do anything for his mother if I didn't prompt him.  He loves her very much and would do anything for her, but about the only birthdays he remembers are our kids and mine.  I know my daughter reminds my son about Mother's Day so he doesn't forget.  Don't get me wrong, I think my husband and son should remember on their own, but I don't believe it means they don't care.
Of course, you know your son better than I do though.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »
Quiet Abode, you could be onto something because my husband never shown my son how to honor me, as I did him...  but with him staying with us, this year, after all the years of estrangement I cant help but think it was intentional.  Kinda hard not to know it's mother's day if you watch any tv..
We have been going thru so much with him, and gone in debt even, and then this morning he said something that sent chills up my spine, he called his X his 'wife'.  I thought if we have gone thru all of this and he end back up with her, well...   I can only shake my head.  One child....  my only child...    :(

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2018, 02:01:27 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms