Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?  (Read 5689 times)

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?
« on: June 05, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »
Hi Mary, just wanted to say hi, and see how you are doing! Haven't been posting for a while and trying to catch up. Hope you and yours have been doing ok? Catch us up when you can.  :039:

Empty Nest Moms

Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?
« on: June 05, 2018, 06:01:03 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Hey MaryB!!! How are ya?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:41:39 PM »
Hi Jeanine!   :039:   Thank you for never forgetting me.   :big hug smiley sign:

I have been busy busy with the extra cleaning and cooking since my son moved in.  He wants out so bad but no where in the near future with his bills...  It sure isnt what I thought it would be, all the years of me missing him.  We were talking the other day and I said you didnt use to be that way, what happened..  and he said you dont know what I've been thru...    yeah, made me feel bad.... 
Wish we had the money to help set him back up.
Now, Jeanine, where have you been? 

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 07:00:23 AM »
Good Morning Mary! sounds like  you have been kept pretty busy. I'm sure one day your son will get back on his feet and into his own place. Hope his life is starting to settle down a bit for him? (and hopefully yours too! Don't wear yourself out)

As to me, I've been around. Not sure where the time is going but it sure is moving by fast.

Went to Savannah last month with my sister to meet up with our brother and his wife, sibling reunion. :)

Heading to DC Monday for the week with the grandson and his mom. Safety Patrol trip, she and I are some of the chaperones. Never been so should be interesting!

Next month hubby and I along with our grandson (yearly summer trip with him) and planning on going to the St.Augustine area (Crescent Beach). We usually go down to the Keys but that is a long trip from here so decided to try a bit closer (little less then 3 hrs. compared to 7, hubby drives slow!) After that school will be back in and summer over with and he'll be almost 12. Lordy I do wish time would slow down just a bit! :blue weird smiley:

Well you take care of yourself and pop in when you can. Good to hear from you.  :tinypinkflowers:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:04:14 PM »
Good that you are enjoying life, Jeanine.  That's how it's suppose to be.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 06:04:14 PM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 09:17:08 PM »
Hi Mary and Jeannine! I just wanted to say hi, been awhile! Neale

Offline MaryB

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2018, 03:32:37 AM »
Oh my goodness, so good to hear from you!!!  :039:   My question is how are YOU?  Where are you?  Please update us! 

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »
Hi Neale! Good to hear from  you and it has been awhile.  :039: Read your other post, sounds like you are having to make a lot of adjustments in your new place. Hang in there, after a while you'll bound to feel like you've lived around there a long time.

Did you find another teaching job yet? Hope  you will get settled in a place you'll like for a long time to come.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip to Spain for your daughter's wedding! Seems like just yesterday that she moved there. Take lots of pictures that you can share with us and have a great time!!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 07:22:16 AM »

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2018, 11:18:58 AM »
Hi, I've been in the house for 3 months now and I'm still having a major adjustment with my move...I still have trouble dealing with my kids living so very far away. I'm thinking that maybe down the road when I stop working to maybe move to Spain and at least be near Lauren, if they don't ever plan to move here. My son might move to Canada for a job.I can't live so far away from my kids, kind of is depressing to me especially not getting to celebrate holidays with either of them. :-( Not sure if I chose the right place in Florida to move to. Pretty much everyone is much older than I am and married or at least not single/living alone. In the meantime, I don't have a new job yet, more stress, I've applied to quite a few jobs but haven't heard back from anyone yet :-(  My one bathroom is being worked on..the faucet/trim is supposed to be put on this afternoon then I can finally enjoy my new bathtub. Hopefully sometime soon after I return from Spain, some friends are going to help me tile around the tub and put in my vinyl strip flooring. But even right now, it's much better than it looked before. I am very excited to be leaving next Tuesday for Spain and Lauren's wedding...I can't believe that she's getting married and in less than 2 weeks?! It's kind of bittersweet because I haven't been able to really help out much like the MOB should be doing...:-( My friends from back home just arrived in Spain today and are having a great time. I wish that I could be there too right now.

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
Hi Neale, don't know how long you are going to be in Spain but just relax and plan on enjoying yourself and not worrying about anything! Time to take a deep breath and enjoy being around your daughter.

Sounds like you are fixing the place up some. Maybe down the road when you have had more time to explore the area you can find another neighborhood that you think you might like or be more suited to  you and then you can think about selling your house now and making another move? Sounds kind of out there right now but never know. And then you might get more settled where you are at and start to feel more at home. Just give yourself a little more time. You did make a major move from RI to Fl!

I'm sure another teaching job will come along soon, meanwhile, enjoy your trip to Spain and come back here with lots of pictures and tell us all about it!

Take care now.... :tinypinkflowers: [size=78%] [/size]

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2018, 07:09:46 PM »
I will thanks...just abit antsy to get going on the trip..wish I could be there now. I'm leaving next Tuesday and return on the 2nd. The adjustment here has been more than I expected..so many changes I've had to go through and still dealing with like that car accident. I miss being so close to the beach.. But I can't wait to see Lauren and Adrian. My friends from home arrived today in Madrid and are enjoying it so much!.Do you think it's normal to feel how I do about my move? Thanks!

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2018, 06:06:25 PM »
Sounds perfectly normal to me. You made a big move so just give yourself time to get adjusted. I'm sure when you get your new teaching job you will get more settled. Maybe you can start looking around for different 'groups' to join where you can meet new people in your area.

Meanwhile, enjoy your trip! Sounds like you need it.  :smileyholdingflower:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
Oh yes it takes time to adjust to the new environment and the new lifestyle.   I'm happy for you though because you have a lot of good things to look forward to!
Did you move to north,  middle or south Fl?

Offline Jeanine

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2018, 06:19:44 PM »
Hi Mary! How have you been lately? Getting settled down any with your son home? Hope the weather has been good for  you down that way, we've been getting a lot of rain this summer so far. Guess it's better then a hurricane coming our way!

Offline nvgt16

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2018, 08:41:37 PM »
Thanks Jeanine, sometimes especially lately I've just been feeling quite overwhelmed with all that's happened and missing my other house. Sometimes I wonder if I should have tried to have a house built instead of going into an existing one but they say that these block houses are safer. I was hoping that coming here I'd feel better than the house and place where I lived...just not feeling it yet. I was also hoping that there were a bit more younger people living here or at least "Meet Up" groups around here like there are back home, but really nothing. Hi Mary! I hope I have a lot more good things to look forward to...been more challenging than anything so far. I live in Sun City Center, is that far from you? I haven't driven a lot since the accident and then when my job ended early. So glad and happy for you that your son is home with you!! It's just so nice to see their face and hear their voice!! Jeanine, I didn't think that you got so much rain down here at this time of year...the thunder and lightning is incredible..my cats are so scared of it with it being so loud and close by. I'm almost done packing and definitely could use the trip to get away and see people I know too!! My friend will be watching my house and my kitties..she lives across the street and down 3 houses.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »
Oh honey you are so new you must give yourself time to meet people.  They are there and you will meet them!!!  I am a person that does not like change so when I first move it takes a good year before I start to feel comfortable. 
Oh Jeanine and Neale,  having my son home after all these years has been a challenge.  he didnt come back like he left.  We are having to get to know this new person. 
Neale, you are not that far from me.  Maybe we can arrange something in the near future!!!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2018, 09:07:47 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms