Empty Nest Moms

New Sprocket Printer

Get yours today!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Being Able to Keep Dishes  (Read 67 times)

Offline PattyG

Being Able to Keep Dishes
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »
I don't know about you all but my children were all really great at one thing: breaking dishes. The only thing we could really do is put away the good ones and buy cheap Walmart brand glasses and plates because it was inevitable that they were going to be broken. If there's one thing that I am absolutely enjoying about my empty nest, it's that I can have neat, matching dish sets without having to worry about anybody breaking anything. It's the best!  :13:

Empty Nest Moms

Being Able to Keep Dishes
« on: June 03, 2018, 07:28:41 PM »

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Being Able to Keep Dishes
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:08:14 AM »
That's great PattyG.  I don't remember many broken dishes.  I did lose a lot of flatware though.  I'm sure the daughter just tossed them rather than get them to the sink for washing.  I now have a full set and it's wonderful.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:07:23 PM »
I will be honest here and say that at some point, I was guilty of breaking dishes. Luckily for me, my children were not so notorious and so I did not have to worry so much, about replacing them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:07:23 PM »

Offline PattyG

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 06:41:08 PM »
You all are very lucky! Of course I also broke a few but not nearly as much as my children. There was only ever a few months in between having to buy new glasses and plate sets. They even managed to break plastic dishes! I guess my kids were just exceptionally destructive.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »
And when they make their own nest, having to pay for everything themselves, you can bet they'll treat their dishes like everything else they have: More Carefully. When you own something of your own, you're more careful with it.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms