Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Avoiding favoritism  (Read 1511 times)

Offline horizon

Avoiding favoritism
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:29:17 AM »
I don't want to play favorites because I think it's important to build the children's concept of self-appreciation as early as possible. Unfortunately, it's hard to fight my preferences. I like someone affectionate. I like someone with good humor. I like someone with blue eyes.

To be honest, I feel guilty at times.

What do you suggest?

Empty Nest Moms

Avoiding favoritism
« on: June 02, 2018, 12:29:17 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Avoiding favoritism
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2018, 07:14:24 AM »
Children have their own personalities and it may not be one we like.  However, that is your child and you must work hard to be as fair and equal as possible.  You may not like what they do but you will always love them. 

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »
You can love them equally without showing that you have preferences. Remember that they may not notice it at first but when they do, it could affect them. I feel that every child is different and unique and it is upon us to bring the best out of them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 02:20:05 PM »

Offline horizon

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 12:16:34 AM »
I'm talking about my grandchildren. I leave most of their education to their parents, though I help here or there occasionally. Sometimes I worry that my favoritism would get in the way of their parents' plan.

How do you stay equal to everyone? For example, if only one of them makes a mistake, do you just scold all of them?

Offline haidyl

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:04:26 PM »
When we used to make mistakes as young kids, our parents used to correct us all. I think this is important because it will create a sort of responsibility for each other. How often do your grandchildren visit? It would create a problem if one of them noticed that they were the 'favorite' so-to-speak. Again, I think it also depends on how the parents treat them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 12:04:26 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms