Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Running out of topics  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Moonlight

Running out of topics
« on: May 30, 2018, 10:45:11 AM »
My husband and I don't converse much these days. Our afternoon coffee or dinner sometimes happen quietly. It's not total silence; we still talk about the news, the kids, or our plans for the next day. We just do it in less intensity. When I told him about this, he just laughed and said that he somehow enjoyed the silence.

Am I weird for thinking that it is nothing bad?

Offline girlchild34

Re: Running out of topics
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:02:33 AM »
This kind of silence used to bother me a lot and every time I asked my husband, he used to brush it off. I think that a little silence is a good thing, except that you can never tell what's going through the other person's mind. Interestingly, I am the quiet one nowadays.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 03:02:33 AM »

Offline Augi

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 06:12:02 AM »
No, I don't think you're weird for thinking that it is nothing bad. I myself love long periods of silence, and if I don't get that quiet time, I get agitated. Quiet time is a time for my whole body to relax and just enjoy being; I love that. Since your husband says he enjoys the silence, and you seem to be okay with it then that's great.
I gauge my relationships with people in general by (among other things) whether or not we can just be together and be quiet. If we can, then I know it is a good and comfortable relationship. If not, and I'm alone with someone and we feel like we have to talk because we feel awkward in the silence then that tells me that-that relationship has awhile to go before it is my idea of ideal.

Offline Flower

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »
I gauge my relationships with people in general by (among other things) whether or not we can just be together and be quiet. If we can, then I know it is a good and comfortable relationship. If not, and I'm alone with someone and we feel like we have to talk because we feel awkward in the silence then that tells me that-that relationship has awhile to go before it is my idea of ideal.
Exactly! I love comfortable silences because I know I am in a loving place. I don't feel like I have to talk to my husband and wherever we are, we can just be. It doesn't get better than that. Enjoy it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 01:32:52 PM »

Offline dananodler

• Dana
Living on a Tight Budget
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 02:33:09 AM »
Hey EN group, I've been gone from the site for a long time....lots has happened in my life in the last 3yrs. My kids are all grown and out of the house. I have gotten comfortable with them being gone now. They are doing well. I had Colon Cancer the last 2yrs in a row.....what I had required surgery both times. Fortunately, for me it was contained. Then last summer my husband passed away from a termanl illness he didn't know he had. Man, marathon of a life in the last 5yrs. So, not sure where to post new topics....hope this is a good place. I'll fill you in more as we go....glad to see some familiar names here. I hope some of my EN pals are doing better these days.
 :039:

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:50:10 PM »
Hi Dana! It's so good to see you on here again but my goodness, you sound like you have really been through it these past years. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband, I know that must of been really hard on you.

You went through colon cancer twice in two years? Glad they got it all. Could you explain a little more about that? What type how did they detect it, etc. Colon cancer runs in my family and we all get colonoscopies every 5 years.

This topic is fine but feel free to join in any of the other conversations going on.

Looking forward to more updates and thanks again for dropping back in.  :039:

Offline Moonlight

Re: Living on a Tight Budget
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
Hey EN group, I've been gone from the site for a long time....lots has happened in my life in the last 3yrs. My kids are all grown and out of the house. I have gotten comfortable with them being gone now. They are doing well. I had Colon Cancer the last 2yrs in a row.....what I had required surgery both times. Fortunately, for me it was contained. Then last summer my husband passed away from a termanl illness he didn't know he had. Man, marathon of a life in the last 5yrs. So, not sure where to post new topics....hope this is a good place. I'll fill you in more as we go....glad to see some familiar names here. I hope some of my EN pals are doing better these days.
Hi! I somehow missed your response. I don't think we had met before you took a break from this site, so nice to meet you. Having cancer twice must be very tough, but let's look at the positive side: you survive twice! Your spirit is respectable. Are you feeling well these days? What keeps you busy lately?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »

Offline girlchild34

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2018, 01:10:51 AM »
Hi Dana, you have been through a lot but I am just encouraged that you came out of it all much stronger. So sorry for the loss of your husband who must have been a great companion. I hope the kids now find more time to come and see you, despite their possibly hectic schedules. Take heart.  :hugs:

Offline Layla

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:23 AM »
Silence isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes it just means that you two are comfortable with each other. Silence can be rather comfortable when you're with the right person. My husband and I don't chat all evening; I enjoy our conversations, of course, but I also just enjoy being in his presence.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2018, 05:43:23 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms