Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Paying attention to when you eat  (Read 741 times)

Offline horizon

Paying attention to when you eat
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »
We often hear tips about how to control what we eat, but not when to eat. Some research journals recommend dinner before 7 PM. One even recommend not to eat after 2 PM. The body is forced to enter a fasting state where it will use fat to make the fuel we need. (See here or here for further details.)
Have any of you ever tried this?

Empty Nest Moms

Paying attention to when you eat
« on: May 28, 2018, 08:36:30 AM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Paying attention to when you eat
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 03:08:14 AM »
I always strive to have dinner between 7 PM  and 8 PM which is normally three of four hours before getting into bed. I understand the importance of having scheduled meal times but sticking to one such routine has never been easy. How many meals should one take in a day?

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:22:53 PM »
Some say you should eat 6 small meals per day.  Society has forced us into 3 square meals per day.  I eat when I get hungry whether it's 10, 2 or 4.  I do eat breakfast every morning and then play it by ear from there. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 02:22:53 PM »

Offline horizon

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »
I think many have been successful in controlling their weight by fasting. I have a history of gastritis, though, so I usually go for the small frequent meals when I feel discomfort in my stomach. Asking me not to eat after 2 PM is probably too much for a beginner, so I will try to finish my dinner at 6 PM and have breakfast at 7 AM. We'll see if that brings back my gastritis.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms