Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Exercising as you get older  (Read 1936 times)

Offline haidyl

Exercising as you get older
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:53:08 AM »
I have always felt that I need to exercise more as the years come and go by. Apart from reducing the risk of chronic diseases, there are countless benefits like a reduced chances of injury. Regular exercising can actually help us improve balance and stability hence the prevention of falls that could lead to injuries. Having said all that, I am ashamed to say that I have been falling back on my exercising regime.

Empty Nest Moms

Exercising as you get older
« on: May 28, 2018, 03:53:08 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Exercising as you get older
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »
I totally agree with you haidyl.  I'm going to exercise call twice a week now and it really makes a difference.  My exercise instructor says if you don't do anything else but stretch you will see and feel a difference.  Get back into the habit haidyl..  You will be glad you did later on in life.   :cutecheerleader:

Offline haidyl

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »
I totally agree with you haidyl.  I'm going to exercise call twice a week now and it really makes a difference.  My exercise instructor says if you don't do anything else but stretch you will see and feel a difference.  Get back into the habit haidyl..  You will be glad you did later on in life.   :cutecheerleader:
This is just what I needed to hear! I used to have an exercising partner but when she moved, I completely lost psyche. I think I will try not to rely so much on other people, if I am to succeed in this journey. Exercising is very important. What is the longest that you stayed without going to the gym or an afternoon jog?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:54 AM »

Offline Augi

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 04:02:40 PM »
I've been falling back on my exercise too. I feel like exercise needs to be in my top five priorities of things that I need to do every day, but I seem to always treat it as though it's an afterthought. It's as if I fill up my day with everything else that I want and need to do and then if I have any energy left, I'll squeeze in a few minutes of exercise. Not good. That needs to change.

Offline DottieMae

• Enjoying Life and Family!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 03:10:33 PM »
Well I don't really 'exercise'  as in doing aerobics, etc. but I do try to 'move' often. I work out in my garden as often as possible. I like to walk with a friend of mine a few times a week and do try to stretch each morning when I get out of bed. It seems I heard that if you just keep 'moving' and not stay idle for long periods of time that can help a lot. I admit that I'm probably not it top physical condition but a lot better off then not doing anything! (or at least that's what I like to tell myself)  :13:

Offline Beth75

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »
Does yoga count as exercise? An artsy friend got me into it and I have since been learning more about it through Youtube. It's very relaxing. I try to do 15 minutes of yoga every other day. I don't know if it counts as exercise but it certainly helps to 'loosen me up'. I think I'm a bit like DottieMae in this. I don't really do much aerobics. Hopefully someone can tell me if my yoga counts as exercise.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 03:58:39 PM »

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »
I do believe you could call Yoga 'exercise'! Probably one of the best you could do, from what I hear. Just wish I could get into it myself.  :dunno: 

But I'm with you DottieMae as to just trying to 'move' some throughout the day and not just sit and do mostly nothing. I have also heard that just getting yourself to move around doing different things is a big plus. I do some isometrics in the mornings and that seems to help along with some stretches. Probably could stand to do more but at 71 I feel that at least I'm trying! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)  :jiggly smiley:

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 11:20:17 PM »
Walking is the best exercise for old folks. It burns calories but doesn't strain any muscles, bones, or internal organs. All of us can walk but technology makes us lazy sometimes. For example, we often ride our cars to go somewhere even though we can walk the distance.

For me, the issue of having exercise is not about the kinds of exercise we do but the frequency of exercising.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 11:20:17 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms