Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Painting  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Beth75

Painting
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:38 PM »
I was never much of an artist, but I have always yearned to be able to create the pictures in my head. Now that I have so much free time, I've taken up a painting class. It's quite a bit of fun. Sometimes I think my favorite part of the process is the shopping. The paint colors are so beautiful, especially the metallic ones. It's such an enjoyable and relaxing hobby that I thought I would share it with all of you. If you have the time, consider painting. Do any of you have any artistic endeavors that you might like to share?

Empty Nest Moms

Painting
« on: May 24, 2018, 08:35:38 PM »

Offline Moonlight

Re: Painting
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:59:42 AM »
I don't think I am artistic enough to create a decent piece, but I can understand why you like the colors so much. I bought a coloring book for adults some time ago. I had fun choosing and combining the colors for each space. It became repetitive after I worked on several pages, so I haven't finished the book yet. I can pick it up at any time, though, so it's not a problem.

Offline Beth75

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 12:59:54 AM »
Oh yes, those coloring books are wonderful. A friend gifted me one a few years back and I found it very interesting. It's funny but I used to hate coloring books as a child. I thought they were tedious but now I just love them. I think it's nice to have an outlet for your creativity. Some people knit or write stories. I guess we color!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 12:59:54 AM »

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 12:32:02 AM »
I think I am more interested in the coloring process than the drawing itself. That's why I didn't really enjoy the painting class during high school years ago, but I love the coloring book. If I were to paint, I would probably create something abstract to hide my poor drawing skill!

What do you like to draw? People, nature, or landscapes?

Offline Beth75

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 02:48:13 AM »
The process has to be worth doing to make the outcome worth it! The majority of the fun is in sitting down and just putting color to paper. That's where all the relaxation comes from. I have to admit, it can be a little bittersweet when a painting is finished and you can no longer work on it.
Moonlight, you might be on to something. Ironically, I also hated high school painting! We had those terrible watercolors and were forced to paint fruit or some random object in the classroom. Personally, I prefer landscapes. I love beach scenes on cloudy days so I largely just paint things like that though I may attempt a portrait every now and again. Between you and I, I never tell anybody who it is I am painting so they can't tell how badly I did it!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 02:48:13 AM »

Offline Mom56

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2018, 04:05:52 AM »
dh and i( still trying to connect with him :sigh smiley:  recently took a painting class; a professional artist demonstrated how together we all would replicate the painting on display;  she walked around to help everybody, as needed;  i was disappointed that my attempt to replicate the painting was ,um, NOT  :dunno: ;  dh, being an artist himself(photographer) easily painted the display, adding a bit of creativity of his own.
  it was fun, though and when we got home i felt inspired to tackle the paint by numbers boards sticking out of a still-unpacked moving box from a year ago :jiggly smiley:
So maybe explore if a  similar painting class  is offered in your area or pick up a paint by number s kit at a craft store
 the canvas that was provided( in the cost) was only an 8x10 size so nothing overwhelming

Offline cherie

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2018, 02:23:37 PM »
I used to love painting as a kid but somehow, I lost the interest along the way. It had never hit me that I could still go back to doing what I love, irrespective of the time lapse. Would we also consider photography as an art? I am trying to learn how to take great photos and it has been an awesome journey, to say the least!

Offline Sweet

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2018, 02:36:29 AM »
I don't have the artistic skills. I can appreciate art, but not create one. Kudos to the ladies here who can draw or paint something.
Photography is an art. For me though, I take pictures for the purpose of having a memory of a place or of a person.

Offline Jeanine

• Have faith, it WILL get better!
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »
Hi Mom56, how's the painting coming along? Was just reading your post. Have you tackled the paint by numbers yet? I remember trying that years ago and wasn't very good at it.  :017:

Hubby and I used to draw a lot when we were first dating. Mostly cartoon characters but it was fun. Haven't done that in many years though.

I wish you luck and if you get the hang of it again let us know!  :cutecheerleader: [size=78%] [/size]

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:33 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms