Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The upsides of "Empty Nest Syndrome"  (Read 1694 times)

Offline Berta

The upsides of "Empty Nest Syndrome"
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:15:45 AM »
I've always thought the phrase "Empty Nest Syndrome"  has negative associations. Yes, it does signify a time of change with the sadness of children leaving home. And a forum like this is a great way for us to help each other over the hard parts by sharing experiences.

But there are many positive aspects to having an empty nest too - as a lot of the posts here show. We have more time for ourselves, we re-discover things that we'd given up in the past, we have more time for each other (if we're in a couple), we see our children, now adults, from a distance and can appreciate their new found maturity (or discretely step in if they're not coping). We have less laundry!

Do you feel that having an empty nest is a more negative or a more positive time of your life?

Empty Nest Moms

The upsides of "Empty Nest Syndrome"
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:15:45 AM »

Offline Moonlight

Re: The upsides of "Empty Nest Syndrome"
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 10:55:36 AM »
I can't say for sure that it is positive because I have my lowest moments, but it is also not entirely negative because there are also joyous days. Having an empty nest is a lesson about being a bigger person, adapting to the changes, and loving more. It is not easy, as evidenced by the content of this forum, but not impossible to get through. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and we'll come out stronger than before.

Offline Beth75

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:09:06 AM »
Before I had children, having an empty home was my idea of paradise. Something about having children changes you, I think. We become less selfish and place the needs of our family over our own. I don't know whether this is necessarily right or good for our personal health but I think that's how most good mothers are.
"Empty Nest Syndrome" is just the word for us who are trying to transition into putting ourselves first again. As Moonlight said, it is neither negative nor positive, but a mixture of the two. It's just a part of the change that we are undergoing. I like how this forum emphasizes both and encourages acceptance, joy, and growth.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 01:09:06 AM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »
Before I had children, having an empty home was my idea of paradise. Something about having children changes you, I think. We become less selfish and place the needs of our family over our own. I don't know whether this is necessarily right or good for our personal health but I think that's how most good mothers are.
"Empty Nest Syndrome" is just the word for us who are trying to transition into putting ourselves first again. As Moonlight said, it is neither negative nor positive, but a mixture of the two. It's just a part of the change that we are undergoing. I like how this forum emphasizes both and encourages acceptance, joy, and growth.
Very much on point. As a parent, you learn to put other people's interest first. I remember a time when my kids would walk to me and say that I kept on forgetting about myself. As for being an empty nester, I think we learn to adapt and make the best out of the situation. Kids leaving home isn't the easiest thing for anyone to deal with!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 04:13:32 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms