Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why are our school children so unsafe?  (Read 906 times)

Offline PattyG

Why are our school children so unsafe?
« on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »
I don't know what is happening in our country. It's sad, that every time a new school shooting occurs, it is less shocking than before. Still, my thoughts go out to everyone involved and I can only imagine the despair the parents of those children must feel.
When I was young, I never had to worry about being shot in my school. Our parents and our government kept us safe and we never feared for our lives. What is happening now? Have we failed? What has gone wrong in the country? I wish there were easy answers and solutions but there are none. Every new shooting is just another blow to the comfort we have in the safety and well-being of our nation.

Empty Nest Moms

Why are our school children so unsafe?
« on: May 21, 2018, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Why are our school children so unsafe?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:33:59 AM »
I think that has a lot has changed and like you, we didn't have to worry about such things, while growing up. It is unfortunate that such things are happening but again, it is difficult to talk about such things without it taking a political twist. Is there a problem with the gun laws or what can be done to change things for the better? It is the government's duty to guarantee every citizen their safety.

Offline Berta

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:02:03 AM »
It is a political issue and can be tackled in part by how we choose to vote and who for. BUT it's also become a social problem - like so many political issues that are left to spiral out of control. Many people are so acccepting and, as you say @PattyG we are becoming immune emotionally. The shock is less each time. So, in conjunction with the political side of things, we have to tackle the social aspects. And then there's also a commercial factor - selling guns makes a lot of money for a lot of people. Personally, I'd go for 100% ban on guns for personal use.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 07:02:03 AM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 07:39:18 AM »
I will always believe that school shootings and other acts of violence stem from the basic breakdown of the family unit.  I grew up in a household with a mother, a father, a brother and guns.  We went to church, prayed at home and in school and were taught morals.  In today's world, there are too many single moms and dads that have to work more than one job to make ends meet.  Kids are kind of left on their own.  Gun control will never work.  Only those with morals and ethics with comply.

Offline PattyG

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »
I agree with all of you. There is a real breakdown of values nowadays. There is no sense of community for people and it is a shame that a student can feel compelled to murder their classmates. It is even more atrocious when it is an adult, killing children. Back in the day, this sort of behavior only came from psychopaths. I am certain, that if people felt more connected to their fellow neighbors, this kind of violence would not occur. Instead of making connections, however, we are allowing children to retreat into their little online bubbles and avoid the real world.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 07:48:37 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms