Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Thyroid Medication and Alcohol  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Berta

Thyroid Medication and Alcohol
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »
I've been taking medication for hypothyroidism for 5 weeks and have noticed that I have some days when I just feel ill, a bit naseous. Other days vary in terms of tiredness or energy levels, but the nausea seemed to have no rhyme or reason. But I think I've made a connection between those days and when I have a drink. I don't drink alcohol often, maybe once a week or every 10 days. And when I do it's just wine and no more than 3 glasses - but I had some wine yesterday and felt the nausea in the night and this morning. Going back over that last 5 weeks the other times were after having a glass or 2 of wine.

Has anybody else experienced this? Is it a known contra-indicatoin for thyroid medications?

Empty Nest Moms

Thyroid Medication and Alcohol
« on: May 21, 2018, 09:51:06 AM »

Offline girlchild34

Re: Thyroid Medication and Alcohol
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 04:03:42 PM »
Hey Berta, I will not act like the best doctor out there but from what I know, regular consumption of alcohol can wreck havoc on the thyroid function. As for the medication, have you discussed this with your physician and were there specific instructions (during prescription) to avoid alcohol intake? I would suggest going slow on your wine intake during and after medication.

Offline Berta

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:56:58 AM »
Hello @girlchild - no there were no special instructions to avoid alcohol intake, my doctor knows me and knows that I drink very little (3 glasses of wine a week or less). I will call her though. I wouldn't mind not having my glass of wine every now and then, but as I drink so little alcohol I'm hoping it's something else causing this reaction.

Thank you  :tinypinkflowers:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 06:56:58 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms