Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Lego <3

Views: 1365
By: nvgt16
My cutie

Views: 1585
By: Elizabeth
Me and our son Joel

Views: 1361
By: Jeanine
Member's Pets

Views: 1528
By: Jeanine

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What really matters in life to you now as you are aging?  (Read 5042 times)

Offline haidyl

What really matters in life to you now as you are aging?
« on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:03 AM »
When we started our family, nothing else mattered apart from our kids. They occupied almost every sphere of our lives. When they left, it got us all to square one. It was time to turn over a new leaf. Yes, their welfare matters but right now we are focusing more on ourselves and overall health. How about you?

Empty Nest Moms

What really matters in life to you now as you are aging?
« on: May 20, 2018, 01:37:03 AM »

Offline Beth75

Re: What really matters in life to you now as you are aging?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2018, 08:23:04 PM »
At this point in my life, I am trying to focus on self-development. I think many of us mothers tend to put our own interests on the back-burner in order to take care of our children. After they left I felt an emptiness that I have since realized can only be filled by taking care of myself. Now that I am focussing on myself, I read a lot more often and I have also taken up painting!

Offline Pat

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:32 AM »
What really matters to me is my relationship with my husband. It has become shallow since our 2nd son left home. It's as though we can't cope as a couple without somebody else in the house to reference.

But there has been a breakthough - only yesterday - when he asked to take a walk with me. I've written about it elsewhere, so i won't repeat myself. But I do think we'll survive - before I feared that we would simply exist together.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 06:16:32 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 04:58:52 AM »
I agree with Beth.  I think that, as mothers, we completely focus on our children when they're home and put our own needs, desires, and hobbies on the back-burner. 

I, too, am focusing on rediscovering myself.  I'm taking up hobbies I didn't have time for before, like reading and knitting.  I'm focusing on taking better care of my body and my mind.  I'm also starting to focus on rekindling some old friendships.  When my kids were home, it was harder to make time to get together with friends who mean a lot to me.

Offline MerryMe

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:03:08 AM »
What really matters to me is my relationship with my husband. It has become shallow since our 2nd son left home. It's as though we can't cope as a couple without somebody else in the house to reference.

I'm also struggling with this problem but my husband is slowly opening up to me and our conversations are becoming longer. I'm a believer now on the saying "time heals everything". I was impatient before because I miss talking with somebody when our son left home.  Sometimes we have to give space to someone we love and that person will remove that space after he or she is ready to reconnect.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2018, 12:03:08 AM »

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 11:48:03 AM »
Making every minute count for something. It did before, but time was focused on the children. Now it's just us, and re-prioritizing how you spend your time can be a challenge sometimes.

Offline haidyl

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 06:52:17 AM »
I completely agree with you all. For me, the most exciting part of this journey is when concentrating on self-actualization with the aim of becoming a better person. There is nothing as exciting as when you are beginning to become better by overcoming your flaws.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2018, 06:52:17 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms