Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Did you constantly worry when your kids first left home?  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Beth75

Did you constantly worry when your kids first left home?
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
I am a very anxious person and I worried very much about my children when they left. When the oldest left for college, it was very hard. By the time my anxiety began to ease and I started to trust him to take care of himself, it was time for my second child to leave! You'd have thought I would have been prepared but it was the same thing again. I must have seemed very silly, sending him care packages and calling him every weekend. Now that he's becoming more mature and finding his footing in life, my anxieties are beginning to ease but I think I will always worry a little bit.
Did anybody experience anything similar? Do you still worry about your kids even though they've been gone for a while?

Empty Nest Moms

Did you constantly worry when your kids first left home?
« on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »

Offline haidyl

Re: Did you constantly worry when your kids first left home?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »
The interesting bit is that every parent will naturally worry about that kid that just left home. I constantly worried about my eldest daughter when she left for college and it took a while for me to realize that she was now an adult that could take care of herself. 

Offline horizon

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »
Sometimes I laugh at myself, thinking of how we can always find things to worry about. It's easy to think of the bad things when everything seems fine. I still tell my worries to the children when I can't hold it in, but I try not to focus on it too much. Staying positive and looking for the solution is better than focusing on the negative things, right?

How do you manage your anxiety so far?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »

Offline Marie

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 05:50:16 AM »
I can totally relate. My eldest has been gone for a few years, but my youngest has only been gone a year.

Even though they are adults, they are at the age where they think they know everything, so it's really difficult not to worry about them.  I think I will always worry about my kids some, but I'm struggling with how much anxiety I have right now.  I just have to hope that I've imparted enough wisdom to them and trust that they will come to me when/if they need some advice or help.

Offline Guineagirl

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:57 AM »
I worry.  I don’t worry about the cooking meals or chores. I worry about her just being happy and liking her job which she doesn’t at the moment.  I will always worry.  My mother in law years ago said to me you never stop worrying no matter what age children are.  How right she was.  I found this wonderful image on google of an old lady she looked in her eighties on the phone listening to her daughter,  the daughter must of been in her sixties, it was a lovely image.  X

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 11:06:57 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms