Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What really matters as we age?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline Kidless

What really matters as we age?
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »
This is a question for you to think about and ponder over.  What are your goals in life now that the kids are gone and we are all getting older?  I think my biggest goal is my health.  Trying to lose weight and maintain my health is a challenge to say the least.  My grandchildren also matter.  I love to see them grow, learn new things and prosper. As long as I am healthy I can enjoy them for many years.

Empty Nest Moms

What really matters as we age?
« on: May 16, 2018, 08:24:05 AM »

Offline Berta

Re: What really matters as we age?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 05:13:24 AM »
I'd put my health at the top of that list. Now, more than ever, I want to be healthy enough to live a long life. I'd never really thought about it before. I've recently been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and will have a scan of my thyroid next week to make sure there's nothing serious going on. It's certainly made me reconfigure my values a bit.

Another important thing is to form the habit of being with other people, of meeting new people and of fostering those relationships. Otherwise we could end up alone in advanced old-age. Whilst we're still young enough to give time and effort to others we should. What goes around will come around in its turn.

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »
My health would have to be on the top of the list.  None of us wants to have to be taken care of.  Independence is so important to my generation.  Family is also very important. Getting out and being with other people keeps communication, discussion and learning open.  Our minds must remain active in order to function properly. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 08:15:29 AM »

Offline horizon

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 01:02:08 AM »
This is the stage where we realize that everything means nothing without health. Not only our physical health but also the emotional health. These days we hear stories about people with mental disorders and how so many lives are affected. I want to love my body and my mind more. If I keep myself healthy, then I will be able to do much more: help others stay healthy, travel, try new things, and so on.

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2018, 01:45:21 PM »
My health is good enough to where I don't put much focus on that. What I focus on are things I have always wanted to do but couldn't because I was the family provider. Now that I don't have anyone depending on me, I can focus on me.

Offline EllieM

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »
For me, it's family and health. When my children moved away, I noticed how much I enjoy having my family around. I live for it. And yes, health. I used to take it for granted, but now I just rejoice every time my blood work comes out good.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:10 AM »

Offline mkendrick

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 12:00:11 AM »
Health is an important goal for me as well. The older I get the more I wish I was in better shape. Seeing my grandchildren is another major thing I think about all the time. Recently I have been a bit stressed over finances so I guess that has a place on the list, but nowhere near as important to me as my grandchildren and trying to be active so I can play with them when I see them.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 12:00:11 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms