Empty Nest Moms

New Sprocket Printer

Get yours today!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: They don't tell me things anymore  (Read 32 times)

Offline Moonlight

They don't tell me things anymore
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »
When the kids were still young, they told me about almost every little thing. "She is so annoying!" or "He confessed to me at school!" It happens less often as they grow older to the point that they seem annoyed if I try to ask further. Sometimes they tell me stories happened long time ago or they only mention the happy things. Maybe they do it for me, but I can't help feeling left out.

Empty Nest Moms

They don't tell me things anymore
« on: May 14, 2018, 09:24:01 AM »

Offline Beth75

Re: They don't tell me things anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 10:49:19 PM »
That might just be a part of growing up. In my experience, kids tend to distance themselves a little when they go out into the world and try to explore life. They could be really embarrassed about certain things like failed relationships and heartbreak and may not want to talk about it. I know I certainly wasn't jumping to tell my parents about my escapades when I was young. I think it's something they will eventually grow out of when they begin to see their parents on more equal terms.

Offline Pat

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:46:46 AM »
Don't feel left out - it sounds like you did a great job rearing them and they are maturing as they should and moving on with their lives. I miss similar conversations that I used to have with my younger son but what pleases me is that he has kept good contact with his 2 closest childhood friends even though they are in different parts of the country now as students. It's right that his friendships should become as important if not more so than his childhood and adolescent confidences in me.

But, I agree, it's not a pleasant feeling. :big hug smiley sign: [size=78%] [/size]

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:46:46 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms