Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

Island

Views: 1823
By: Jeanine

Views: 1055
By: Guineagirl
More spring Irises

Views: 1547
Member's Pets

Views: 1512
Member's Pets

Views: 1591

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cosmetic Surgery  (Read 1229 times)

Offline PattyG

Cosmetic Surgery
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »
Has anyone ever thought about cosmetic surgery? Certainly it has crossed my mind this past decade. Watching all of these celebrities age gracefully has really made me consider trying a procedure like botox to add a little more youthfulness to my face. I mean have you seen Jane Fonda? She is 80 years old and she still looks gorgeous! I don't know if she has had work done but she certainly looks much younger than she is. Have any of you ever considered or underwent any cosmetic procedures? How safe do you think they really are, especially for older folks?

Empty Nest Moms

Cosmetic Surgery
« on: May 30, 2018, 05:37:41 PM »

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Cosmetic Surgery
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 07:57:46 AM »
The thought has crossed my mind, but only briefly.  I prefer to age naturally.  I have a friend that has aged naturally and is beautiful from the inside out.  I try to do the same.  It's only natural to have a wrinkle here and there.  I think Jane Fonda has had multiple surgeries rather than just one or two.   Let us know what you decide.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »
I think the risks of any surgical procedure increase as we grow old. If someone still wants to do it after knowing about the side effects, then I won't say much because it's her own body. Personally, I prefer the safer methods (getting a good diet plan, exercising, using creams, etc.).

Is there any particular procedure you are interested in?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »

Offline PattyG

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 07:35:11 PM »
Thank you guys for your input. I'm not sure if I'm really serious about wanting to go under the knife. It's more of something that just fascinates me. I feel like the whole world has gone "plastic" so to say and I just wonder about it sometimes. In many ways I am more worried about our youth, especially young girls. I have outgrown many insecurities since my youth but I wonder what would have happened if plastic surgery was available to me when I was 19.
In many ways, I can see the appeal but when you factor in the danger of surgery, it becomes a lot more complicated of a decision. So for now, it's something that has piqued my interest and I was just curious about what other people thought about it.

Offline Krista

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 04:55:49 AM »
It has briefly crossed my mind, too.  It's hard to see wrinkles starting to form on my face, but I know it's a natural part of aging.  I do think older women with wrinkles and other signs of aging are beautiful when they let their inner light shine.  When you have a good heart, it shows on the outside, too. 

I believe that any surgical procedure's risks increase as we age.  Our bodies have a more difficult time rebounding and healing after trauma and surgery as we age. 

Do what makes you comfortable and happy.  Please keep us posted on what you decide to do.

Offline MomOfTwo

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »
Wishing I was younger has crossed my mind more often than I can think. Thinking of cosmetic surgery to gain that youthful look did not cross my mind because my husband accepts me for who I am. Acceptance of a loved one is an important part whether become insecure or confident on how we look at ourselves.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 10:32:21 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms