Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: For once, I realize what's happening around me.  (Read 1455 times)

Offline horizon

For once, I realize what's happening around me.
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »
The situation is rather awkward in the house, so I find distractions by stepping outside. It's strange how I enjoy doing things I didn't like before. I feel happy taking care of the plants in my small garden. I take a walk around the neighborhood. I notice the new buildings and the new people. The kids are growing up. Some of the parents feel as confused as I was. The list goes on.

Life is actually very rich if we bother to look around.

Empty Nest Moms

For once, I realize what's happening around me.
« on: May 11, 2018, 09:35:10 AM »

Offline haidyl

Re: For once, I realize what's happening around me.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 12:52:20 PM »
This kind of self-awareness is what makes complete people and the sad bit is that when most of us come to this realization, we keep wishing that we had done so much earlier. I think the point is that we should find joy in the small things we do by first understanding all that happens around us.

Offline Berta

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:51:02 AM »
"Life is actually very rich if we bother to look around." It certainly is and I wish I had this self-awareness when I was younger instead of just getting on with what was happening in my immediate surroundings. Getting out there and observing, actually seeing things instead of just looking, has become a great pleasure for me. It makes me want to do something more - but I'm not sure what yet. Maybe more walking and exploring, maybe photography or painting. For now, I'm just happy enriching my life with who and what I see around me.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 04:51:02 AM »

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 06:57:59 AM »

This kind of self-awareness is what makes complete people and the sad bit is that when most of us come to this realization, we keep wishing that we had done so much earlier. I think the point is that we should find joy in the small things we do by first understanding all that happens around us.

Much earlier indeed haidyl!! When we are in the throes of raising children and working a job, there is just no time to slow down and "smell the roses."  I used to sit down around 9:00 PM at night and be asleep in sight of 5 minutes. I am glad to say that now I really enjoy those warm afternoons on my front porch with a good book and a glass of wine     

Offline horizon

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:49:16 AM »
Photography is a great idea! It fits perfectly to my new routine of taking a walk. Maybe I will be able to capture some lovely photos along the way. Thank you for the inspiration!

On the other hand, I don't know if I would be able to look at the small details if I got the chance to return to my younger days. Youth is about looking far ahead, working for our dreams. We couldn't help but overlook the small details.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 07:49:16 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms