Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Rabbit - found and loved  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Pat

A Rabbit - found and loved
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:49:20 AM »
Once I found a rabbit. She was small and white and sitting slap bang in the middle of a busy road on the white line. She was hard to see because she'd stopped on that line. I pulled up and went back for her. The last thing I'd thought of that day was getting a rabbit. I took her to the vet and was told that it was a wild rabbit and wouldn't last long in the wild because of her color. I took her home and let her free in the garden. But she stuck around as if she chose to stay - I don't believe in caging a wild animal, but I'm glad she chose to stay. We got her a hutch which was open all day and closed her in at night. She never left the garden as far as I know. She was with us for nearly 9 years until she died. She was called Nadine.

Empty Nest Moms

A Rabbit - found and loved
« on: April 25, 2018, 03:49:20 AM »

Offline MaryB

Re: A Rabbit - found and loved
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 07:15:26 AM »
Oh what a lovely thread!   It's wonderful she did not fall prey to any neighboring cats.  Need more of these good animal stories, thank you for sharing !   :smileyholdingflower:

Offline Cookie

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »
Stories like this make my heart feel so warm! I love this. It's so sweet that you took her to the vet and then allowed her to make the choice of whether she'd stay or leave. It sounds like you must have provided her the life she wanted if she stayed with you for nine years! I'm sorry for your loss.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »

Offline cherie

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 12:06:34 PM »
Wow, what a story! The rabbit must have felt a special connection right from the start. I have always loved animals and the fact that this particular one chose to stick around, warms my heart too. A lot must have happened in nine years to create long-lasting memories, to cherish forever.

Offline Kidless

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »
This is a beautiful story Pat.  I am so glad she stayed with you.  She must have sensed a feeling of being safe and loved.  When we got our second rescue kitty, she was so skittish it took a long time before we were able to even get close.  Were you able to pet her and pick her up? 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 07:21:39 AM »

Offline Pat

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 04:51:32 AM »
 :smileyholdingflower:  Thank you all for your lovely comments on this small slice of my life. Nadine was a real gift to us. She was so affectionate and easy to care for. She determined her own routine to her days, which was pretty rigid. She'd be waiting for her cage to be opened each morning and then go and do her "business" in a spot in the garden that she had designated for herself. Then she'd come into the kitchen, the only part of the house she ever visited as it opened onto the garden. She'd have her breakfast while we were eating ours. Then she'd go off into the garden. We never knew if she went further afield. Her hutch was left open all day with food and water. She slept in her hutch most afternoons for a couple of hours. Then visited us again as the family started coming home at the end of the afternoon. I as home most ays and she'd check on me from time to time. In winters she spent more time in the kitchen or in her hutch.

She struck up a friendship with the neighbor's grumpy old tom cat. Perhaps he protected her from the other cats. I'll find a photo of her to post here.

Offline MaryB

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 07:14:12 AM »
Oh Pat, I hadnt realized she was a real pet!!  I'm so sorry...   I have had lots of outside pets that I claim and feed but never get real close but your bunny was your outside pet...  That's very special and rare and I know you appreciate it and will always miss her.   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Pat

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 04:13:05 AM »
Hi @MaryB - thanks for the hug. Yes, she made herself our pet, but as she was a wild rabbit I wanted her to always have the choice to stay or go. She stayed. Here's a photo of her when we'd had her for about 2 weeks, she loved to eat clover and had a preference for pink-flowered clover over white flowered clover!

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 07:04:56 AM »
Pat, she is adorable.  I know you have more stories to tell about her.  I can't stand to see an animal hurt in any way.  At last count I have 8 cats that were all strays and needed a lot of attention.  They all have their own routines and personalities.  I really admire you for giving your precious pet the choice to stay or go.  She knew a good thing when she saw it, didn't she?   :13:

Offline MaryB

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 08:44:39 PM »
Oh Pat what a sweet sweet girl.   She was adorable!!!   Did she pass away in her home or did you just miss her one day?   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Pat

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:40:21 AM »
@BettyBoop - yes, I do have loads more stories to tell about her. She was quite a character and very affection @Kidless - we weren't only able to pet her, she would spontaneously give loads of affection to us. One of her favorite places was just inside my cuddly housecoat which I wear after a soak in a hot bath. She would get in there, between my fleecy pj's and the housecoat and snuggle just inder my chin.

@MaryB - she passed away in her sleep. We saw it coming, she had been slowing up for a couple of months and sleeping for longer spans of time. I had her checked out at the vet's and she had no illnesses except fo old age.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:40:21 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms