Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you feel pressure to keep your nest empty?  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Melee

Do you feel pressure to keep your nest empty?
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »
When my son graduated from high school a couple of years ago, he told me that he wanted to take some time off from school and not go to college straightaway, which I was perfectly fine with. Some of my acquaintances, the minute their child turned/turns 18 they either made them leave home (whether they were leaving to go to college or not), or made them go to college right away.

Prior to your nest being empty, did you feel pressured from your spouse, parents, relatives, peers, or colleagues at work into making your child leave home? Did you feel like once your child/children graduated from high school that he or she/they had to leave home immediately because if they stayed at home that would make you look like a bad parent?

And after your child left the nest, if your child asks to come back home for whatever reason, do you feel like you have to say 'No, you can't come back' because you're concerned about the opinions of others?

Empty Nest Moms

Do you feel pressure to keep your nest empty?
« on: April 22, 2018, 02:51:47 PM »

Offline MaryB

Re: Do you feel pressure to keep your nest empty?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2018, 04:43:59 PM »
Interesting thread.   You know this reminds me of when your babies are small and other mother's putting pressure on you that their child walked first, or learned to go potty first, or your's is still sucking their thumb!  Oh gee...  no way.  Nope, everyone is different and I would not let anyone pressure me into putting my child out, when they were not ready.  A mother knows, right!  Or is that a Father knows best... lol  But that's my 2 cents.  And my mother would never let us go home, no matter what.   I have my son with us right now, starting over after a divorce.  My door is always open to him. 
Please dont let anyone tell you how to raise your child.  Remember no one loves or cares what happens to your children as much as you.   :big hug smiley sign:

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »
I hate how other people act like children can be treated in a "one size fits all" manner. Every child is different and every relationship between a parent and their child is different. That being said, my husband was worried when my older son moved back home with us. He was worried that he'd get too comfortable. Honestly, I was too. We made sure that he was actively looking for jobs, contributing around the house, and trying to better himself. We didn't want him to think he could just go back to being a teenager.

I never really considered what my friends, parents, or neighbors would think about it. This had nothing to do with them. Besides, it isn't all that uncommon these days. It turned out to be a great thing. We got to spend more time with our son and he's now off living on his own with a great job. We couldn't be more proud of him or grateful for the time we got to spend with him as an adult.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms