Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joining a book club  (Read 1946 times)

Offline ava

Joining a book club
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:09:58 AM »
Last week, a friend told me that she is a member of a book club and that they meet fortnightly. The whole idea seemed strange since I had never heard of such a thing. We are both cinephiles but I have started getting interested in joining this club after she mentioned it. I feel that it will keep me grounded and disciplined, in as far as being an ardent reader is concerned. Your thoughts?

Empty Nest Moms

Joining a book club
« on: April 19, 2018, 05:09:58 AM »

Offline Cookie

Re: Joining a book club
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:20:29 PM »
Book clubs are so much fun! I used to be a part of several and we always had a great time. Wine, books, and intellectual discussion intermingled with fun girl talk, what's not to like? It also got me to read a lot of books I would have never picked up otherwise. I say go for it! If you don't like it, you can always just say it wasn't for you.

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:13:41 AM »
I'm with cookie here.  Join the book club. It is a lot of fun and may help you in your movie watching.  I have always heard to read the book first and then watch the movie.  Since that time I have found it really helps.  The movie leaves out so much.  If you have read the book first then you know exactly what the characters are thinking.  Join the book club. You will have a good time and meet some interesting people.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 07:13:41 AM »

Offline ava

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
Thank you BettyBoop and Cookie for your kind words. My worry has always been joining then not being able to honor the meetings but as you say, there's more to a book club than meets the eye. I will talk to my friend once I have made up my mind.

Offline Pat

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »
Oh, I'd go ahead and join it if I was you. I wish there was a book club near me. I've never been a member of one but I've head about them. I think it would be a great opportunity to meet new people and explore many different attitudes as you discuss the book of the moment. It will be a very enriching experience.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 08:55:38 AM »

Offline Berta

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 05:42:47 AM »
I'd love to find a book club. I've started reading more recently but it takes me ages to choose my next book. To have a book decided upon by a group would solve that problem for me. And it would be interesting to discuss a book with different people, new friends.

Offline PattyG

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »
Reading has always been a very solitary activity for me. I remember trying to start a book club in my youth and failing miserably. Over the years I got a little lazy with reading but I'm getting back into it. In fact, I was just thinking about joining a book club, I just don't know how to find them. I think it's a great idea though.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 08:48:48 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms