Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I Joined a Walking Group  (Read 1204 times)

Offline Pat

I Joined a Walking Group
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:48:02 AM »
I needed to get out of the house for two reasons. First and foremost to do something positive for myself. Something that would be good for both my physical and emotional well-being.

The second reason was the need I felt to create a bit of space for my husband an myself. We have been struggling to communicate since being alone, just the two of us. He has his "man-cave" shed for small carpentry projects and to hang out with a friend on accasion.

Maybe this will give us more to chat about. I'm certainly enjoying the cameraderie of the group.

Empty Nest Moms

I Joined a Walking Group
« on: April 15, 2018, 04:48:02 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: I Joined a Walking Group
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:45:39 PM »
Good for you Pat.  A walking group is a great way to make new friends and talk about all kinds of things.  I do hope it helps communication between you and your husband.  I wish mine would find something to do besides watch TV all day.  I do all kinds of things but he seems content to sit in front of the tube.   

Offline Pat

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »
Well, it's certainly helped me @Kidless - there are 2 people in the group who walk to help with their depression, which is severe in one case. I hadn't realised just how "down" I was feeling. And walking has lifted that feeling. I'm addicted to it, the group meets once a week but I've started going for walks on my own.

My husband has noticed a difference - he made a comment about me seeming happier. Maybe that wall between us is lowering slightly? :tinypinkflowers:

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »

Offline ava

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »
We all battle with something and whereas the extent may vary for different people, the point is that walking seems to give a new breath of life to those who indulge in it. I would happily join a walking group, if I ever came across one. Hoping against hope that you will continue to find happiness through this kind of interaction.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:03 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms