Empty Nest Moms

New Sprocket Printer

Get yours today!

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Do you keep up with, or correspond with your kids on social media?  (Read 184 times)

Offline Augi

Social media is a great tool; do you use it to keep up with your kids, or to correspond with them often? Or, do you feel like you should for the most part just leave them to their own devices now that they have left home?
My college-aged son has decided he does not want to leave home yet. As far as the rest of my family is concerned, I find that I more-so look at social media to see what is going on with my family, and although I love them, I don't reach out to them at all, ever. So, I keep up with people, I just don't correspond with them.

Empty Nest Moms

Offline Kidless

Re: Do you keep up with, or correspond with your kids on social media?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 01:41:10 PM »
I keep up with my kids on social media.  Especially the pictures they post of the grandchildren.  None of them live close so this is a great way to stay in touch.  Sometimes we give each other comments but if it's really important, one of us will pick up the phone 

Offline Cookie

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »
I like to keep up with my kids via social media. Well, okay, only over Facebook. I don't understand any of the others! They're still a little embarrassed by me. I've completely owned that though and love posting ridiculous things on their statuses, photos, etc. They may not find me funny (yet) but their friends do! I get friend requests from their pals all the time. I think my kids get a kick out of it too, but I know for a fact they sometimes hide posts from me just to keep me from saying anything embarrassing.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 03:28:53 PM »

Offline Augi

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »
I like to keep up with my kids via social media. Well, okay, only over Facebook. I don't understand any of the others! They're still a little embarrassed by me. I've completely owned that though and love posting ridiculous things on their statuses, photos, etc. They may not find me funny (yet) but their friends do! I get friend requests from their pals all the time. I think my kids get a kick out of it too, but I know for a fact they sometimes hide posts from me just to keep me from saying anything embarrassing.

It's great that you and *Kidless* keep up with your kids via social media. I use social media to keep track of certain things that I like, but I rarely reach out to anyone, even family. Years ago I used to comment on certain Facebook pages of family and people I know, but I stopped all of that. I love social media though, but for personal use only.

I'm the opposite of you when it comes to posting funny things online. I occasionally will say something humorous, but most of the time I keep things somewhat formal.

Offline Berta

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:17:51 AM »
Only her Flikr account - and only because I too am on Flikr. For us it's a great way to share lots of photographs.

She uses Facebook, but I don't have an account.

We use SMS and Google Hangouts most days. SMSs are great for when we're going to meet up somewhere, we can check where the other is (if she's late!). Hangouts are used more to "chat" and when we aree both online. We "chat" about everyday things like what we're going to eat that night, how we are, who we saw ... it's a bit of a time thief if I'm honest.

But SMS and Hangouts are not social media - or are they?

Offline Beth75

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 11:10:10 PM »
I am very active on facebook and I do keep up with my kids' lives this way but I don't use it to communicate as much. I suppose I have a very "keep it private" mindset when it comes to my family. I usually talk to my kids over the phone through texting and video calls on Whatsapp. They usually update me with pictures this way. 

Offline horizon

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 12:52:19 PM »
I keep up with my kids on social media.  Especially the pictures they post of the grandchildren.  None of them live close so this is a great way to stay in touch.  Sometimes we give each other comments but if it's really important, one of us will pick up the phone
I guess I'm pretty lucky that my children remember to send their pictures to our family group chat on Whatsapp. I find Facebook and Instagram too confusing. In return, I occasionally send pictures of me and hubby or things I do at home. It's as if they are just a few meters away from me and I feel comforted by that.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 12:52:19 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms