Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Different Diets  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Cookie

Different Diets
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
I've read a lot of great information on this forum about having a low-carb diet. I want to diet, but I really, really love my carbs. Have any of you tried a different kind of diet with decent results?

Empty Nest Moms

Different Diets
« on: April 11, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »

Offline ava

Re: Different Diets
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 05:10:10 AM »
The low-carb diets have actually been around for a while and unfortunately, you will find a lot of information out there, with some of this being inaccurate. I have heard of certain side effects such as fatigue and/or nausea. Have you heard of The Atkin's Diet?

Offline Kidless

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:35:41 AM »
We were actually on the Keto diet for several months.  I had lost 12 pounds and hubby lost a lot more.  However, he became quite fatigued.  He's a big boy anyway so I told him to start adding some carbs back into his diet.  He did and has come to the conclusion that he must have carbs every day.  He's still losing and eating in moderation.  I think a balanced diet is the key and portion control. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 06:35:41 AM »

Offline Cookie

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »
Ava, that seems to be one of the downsides of the internet. While there's so much information at our fingertips, anyone can pretend to be a professional. I've heard of the Atkins Diet. Actually, I think it's how I first found out about low-carb diets. Have you tried it before?

Kidless, I'll have to look into the keto diet some more! I didn't know that you could do it (effectively) while still allowing yourself some extra carbs. It seems wild to me that all of these diets cut out carbs when they are our main source of energy. It doesn't seem like the best idea for someone with an active lifestyle. I could be wrong though.

Offline cherie

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:40:10 AM »
We were actually on the Keto diet for several months.  I had lost 12 pounds and hubby lost a lot more.  However, he became quite fatigued.  He's a big boy anyway so I told him to start adding some carbs back into his diet.  He did and has come to the conclusion that he must have carbs every day.  He's still losing and eating in moderation.  I think a balanced diet is the key and portion control.
Reading this, I am even afraid of eliminating carbs from my diet but as you say, the solution is in having a balanced diet and coming up with with a regime for portions. Nowadays, I fear fully relying on anything on the internet. I had rather engage a professional from the start.

Offline Beth75

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »
Hello everyone.

I grew up watching my mother try many different diets. I've certainly been on the diet rollercoaster along with my friends when I was younger. As I've gotten older, I realized that everybody doesn't need to eat the same things or do the same things to be healthy. So instead of adopting a specific diet, I've just taken tips and focussed on what helps me feel better and healthier. These are the three big ones that I think can be universal:
  • Drink lots of water. You never know how much water you need until you start carrying around your bottle and drinking whenever you feel thirsty. Staying hydrated really helps me to feel better in the short and long term.
  • Eat in moderation. It's really easy to eat too much here in America. I mean have you seen the serving sizes? Sometimes it helps to know what the experts say about how much you really need and to also listen to your body.
  • Avoid sugar. I'm the family baker so this is hard for me but it really helps to try and cut out all the sugar. There's some videos on Youtube about people who have stopped eating sugar completely and it's amazing how it helps them. I know there's tons of things people say to cut out but I think sugar is the big one. Check out this article about it: https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/jan/05/is-sugar-worlds-most-popular-drug

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2018, 10:43:16 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms