Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It took me one year and a house move to cope!  (Read 244 times)

Offline Berta

It took me one year and a house move to cope!
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:30:17 AM »
Hello, my name is Berta and I've just joined this forum. My daughter left home 5 years ago, she was 27 and so it was time she moved on! In many ways I was relieved - for both of us. But I missed seeing her reguarly as she moved for work and was more than 8 hours away. So I moved too .... I didn't want to invade her space so I found a place which takes me an hour door to door to visit her. This has worked out splendidly.

But, even 5 years on I remember the gut-wrenching emotion of my "baby" (big as she was) being so far away.

Empty Nest Moms

It took me one year and a house move to cope!
« on: April 07, 2018, 05:30:17 AM »

Offline Treasure

Re: It took me one year and a house move to cope!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 11:29:00 PM »
Even though you know it's what's best for them, it's always hard to watch them go off into the real world. It's bittersweet to watch them move on and no longer need you, but it means you've done your job right. That's great that you were able to move that close to her! I think an hour is a perfectly respectable distance. I'm sure she's glad to have you nearby!

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:43:37 AM »
I'm a single mom and my daughter is a single mom.  She lives right behind me on another street and it's working out fine.  As much as we both don't want to admit it, we need each other.  We each have our own homes, our own space but we're there for each other.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 08:43:37 AM »

Offline ava

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »
I actually read somewhere about how a couple moved to another city just so they could be near their child but a month later, they moved back to their original house. The ability to adapt fast is something that most people struggle with but you seem to have gotten used to the new place.

Offline Berta

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 04:56:59 AM »
I actually read somewhere about how a couple moved to another city just so they could be near their child but a month later, they moved back to their original house. The ability to adapt fast is something that most people struggle with but you seem to have gotten used to the new place.

I heard the same thing and I was worried about leaving so much behind me. Especially a job that I loved. But, happily, it has worked out for me. The biggest changes have been that I earn less and don't like my job so much. But I don't hate it, and I spend less money traveling to visit my daughter. Things seem to have balanced out.

Offline Cindy

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:52 AM »
Congratulations Berta, that works out perfectly! Not many mums are as lucky as you!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2018, 09:43:52 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms