Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Food poisoning  (Read 1217 times)

Offline haidyl

Food poisoning
« on: March 30, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
I had no idea that the effects of food poisoning can be far-reaching, long-term and severe. I am now more informed but extra cautious lest food contamination occurs. Has any of you had such instances before?

Empty Nest Moms

Food poisoning
« on: March 30, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »

Offline horizon

Re: Food poisoning
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 01:34:58 AM »
I get a stomachache, feel nauseous, or have diarrhea at worst. I guess it can't be really called a poisoning if it only causes such mild symptoms, for which I'm glad.

It scares me that these days we hear news about people faking the expiry date and selling bad food. I suppose all that we can do is to always check and re-check, especially for canned food. Any tips, haidyl?

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »
Any form of nausea, vomiting and diarrhea that lasts more than a few days, should always raise a red flag. I try to avoid canned food as much as I can, because as @horizon says, people out there cannot be trusted anymore. Maintaining a high level of hygiene, helps a great deal.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »

Offline Pat

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:34:53 AM »

I was ill for 3 months the one time I had food poisoning. It was a bad mussel that made me ill.  :(

The next day I felt terrible. I had stomach cramps and felt quite detached mentally. During that night - over 24 hours after eating the mussel - I had severe diarrhea. The next day I felt much better. But during the course of the next 3, I had periodic nausea, recurring headaches, stomach spasms and conjunctivitis twice. All of which was unusual for me. The doctor told me each of these symptoms were the long-term effects of food poisoning on my system.

I have eaten mussels since and everything was OK.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:34:53 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms