Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Exercise programs  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Treasure

Exercise programs
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »
I keep seeing all these ads for different exercise programs on my Facebook. The Bikini Body Guide and The Bodyboss Method seem to be very popular (or have paid Facebook a lot to promote them). Has anyone tried either of these or some other kind of structuralized program? Ideally, I'd love to find something that I can do at home that will get me in shape...and help shed some pounds!

Empty Nest Moms

Exercise programs
« on: March 28, 2018, 04:27:15 PM »

Offline horizon

Re: Exercise programs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 07:27:19 AM »
This is the first time I heard about those exercise programs. There are too many of them that I don't even know which one to try! I usually just go to Youtube to find some videos and do whatever interests me. As you can probably guess, it's too random to be called a program.

Have you tried yoga for losing weight? I've heard some positive reviews about it.

Offline Augi

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »
I think I've heard of the Bikini Body one, but this is my first time hearing about the BodyBoss, I really like that name though.

I did a structured program years ago when I belonged to a gym... one of the many gym memberships I've had over the years. I signed up for the option of adding a trainer to my membership. Of course that upped the price of the membership, but he turned out to be worth it, I have to say. He pushed me to do exercises that I didn't really want to do; they weren't hard, just irritating because I didn't want to do them.

Honestly, the best results that I have seen in weight loss for me is walking. I didn't know walking really worked, but it does. One summer when I was just an innocent young thing, I went to go visit some family. They lived (and still live) in the south, lots of open country. When I got there, our days consisted of leisurely walking everywhere. The little baby fat that I had on my body at the time melted away like magic. I was stunned. :017: :dunno: Who knew? I sure didn't.

A few years back I had handles on top of my love handles, and so, lesson learned from my young days on vacay in the country, I started a walking regimen. I went walking every morning. I did this for two months straight, without missing a day, and that weight melted off of my body. At first people were kind of mocking me for going out and walking every morning, but after about the first month, people started asking me if it was okay if they came along.

I have since put that weight back on, and then some, but walking works. I just started Tae Bo yesterday, but talking about walking reminds me that there are a ton of "Walk at Home" YouTube videos by Leslie Sansone. I think I need to start doing those.

Have you heard about those Walk at Home videos? What do you think about them?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 02:39:39 AM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2018, 09:58:31 PM »
Horizon, there really are too many options out there. I don't know where to start either! I think that joining one could serve as the good kick in the rear that I so desperately need. I haven't tried yoga, but I've been thinking about it! Have you tried it before?

Augi, the name is why BodyBoss piqued my interest (well, on top of the numerous ads). I had a trainer many moons ago and you're right, they're good at pushing you more than you would push yourself. Maybe I'll have to look into getting one again if I can't find something else that ends up working for me. That's great about walking! I would love to get rid of my handles. How long did you go walking each morning? I've never heard of Walk at Home videos before. I'm not even sure what those might entail. I'll have to give those a look. Thank you so much for the suggestions! Good luck with Tae Bo! That sounds fun!

Offline Augi

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 05:41:55 AM »
Horizon, there really are too many options out there. I don't know where to start either! I think that joining one could serve as the good kick in the rear that I so desperately need. I haven't tried yoga, but I've been thinking about it! Have you tried it before?

Augi, the name is why BodyBoss piqued my interest (well, on top of the numerous ads). I had a trainer many moons ago and you're right, they're good at pushing you more than you would push yourself. Maybe I'll have to look into getting one again if I can't find something else that ends up working for me. That's great about walking! I would love to get rid of my handles. How long did you go walking each morning? I've never heard of Walk at Home videos before. I'm not even sure what those might entail. I'll have to give those a look. Thank you so much for the suggestions! Good luck with Tae Bo! That sounds fun!

Treasure, a trainer sounds like a great idea. Talking about things here makes me think that I should look into getting a trainer again. The only thing is, I'd have to go join a gym again to do so, unless I wanted someone coming to my home... which would probably be a very effective way to go actually. That's something I'll have to think about.

The amount of time I walked all those many summers ago was about two hours a day minimum. We were kids, and all we basically did was walk from here to there and back again. Years later when I started my daily early morning walks, I would walk anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours. Usually the weekends would be the time when I was able to get my two hour walks in. Super effective.

Thanks for wishing me luck on the Tae Bo. I need it!
 :character0029: :040: :16: :character0029:

Good luck on your exercise journey too!
I probably should really do the walk at home YouTube videos. Tae Bo gets a bit much for me, even the short workouts. There are a lot of videos where people talk about the success they've had doing the walk at home exercises. Perhaps I should do the walking first and then venture into the more strenuous stuff.

Offline horizon

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 03:43:03 AM »
I did try hiring a personal trainer once and I thought it was enough. You're right that he pushed me to do the steps I didn't like, but later I got annoyed and I came to hate it even more! I'm weird like that.

The Walk at Home program sounds fun, I should check it out sometimes. The yoga for losing weight too. I have so many things I want to try, but I always forget about them later. I have such a problem with motivation. I wish I can be as simple as my son who uses a phone app to exercise regularly.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 03:43:03 AM »

Offline Augi

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »
I did try hiring a personal trainer once and I thought it was enough. You're right that he pushed me to do the steps I didn't like, but later I got annoyed and I came to hate it even more! I'm weird like that.

The Walk at Home program sounds fun, I should check it out sometimes. The yoga for losing weight too. I have so many things I want to try, but I always forget about them later. I have such a problem with motivation. I wish I can be as simple as my son who uses a phone app to exercise regularly.

I really, and I do mean really want to get into yoga. It seems like something I just really need to do in order for my body to be the body that I really want it to be. Even if I get to the point to where I'm doing cardio on a regular basis, I feel like my workout routine won't be complete until I make yoga a part of my life.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 03:26:15 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms