Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA†has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What to do when the bird comes home?  (Read 146 times)

Offline Scatter

What to do when the bird comes home?
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:17:05 AM »
I'm not a party type, so I never designed anything special for the kid when he came home. We went out for dinner or just accompanied each other when there were things to do. Though sometimes I do want to be like others and let him know how much he is loved and missed.

How do you usually welcome the ones who return? Let me learn a thing or two!

Empty Nest Moms

What to do when the bird comes home?
« on: March 28, 2018, 01:17:05 AM »

Offline ava

Re: What to do when the bird comes home?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2018, 05:08:05 AM »
I am not the party type too but I have also realized that every kid is different and so they will have different preferences. While something fancy may not always be on the cards, sharing a  meal and having a candid chit chat, suffices at times. Knowing what a particular child loves may help plus it also depends on whether they've come back for good.

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 07:24:33 AM »
I always prepared his favorite meal and had plenty of snacks on hand.  His stay was short but he always loved coming home. We chatted when we ate and just enjoyed each other's company.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 07:24:33 AM »

Offline Cookie

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »
My kids usually want one thing when they come home - food. I usually try and cook their favorite foods, but just getting a home-cooked meal is usually more than enough to make them happy. It's funny, sometimes they will request the most random things. For instance, my daughter never gave me the impression that she enjoyed my mushroom pesto pasta, but she came home a few weeks ago saying that she'd been craving it for weeks. I think it goes to show that sometimes you don't know what your kids miss the most and it can be a good idea to ask them if they have any special requests. We also love to play board games in my house!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 10:38:19 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms