Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Tried and true beauty secrets  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Melee

Tried and true beauty secrets
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »
I have learned that although there are a myriad of beauty products that are continuously coming out on the market, things that my mother taught me to use years ago still work really well. One of the products she taught me to use on my skin was Pond's cold cream. After years of use, to me that stuff is still a miracle in a jar. I just love it.
On the same token, many years ago, my maternal grandmother :grannywithcane:
taught me about using witch hazel as a skin toner and I still use it to this day.
The new stuff is fun to try, and sometimes can be very effective; but the tried and true still works wonders.

Empty Nest Moms

Tried and true beauty secrets
« on: March 26, 2018, 12:01:13 PM »

Offline ava

Re: Tried and true beauty secrets
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 01:34:40 PM »
They say that old is gold and your statement actually affirms this. There are a lot of beauty products coming out each day but when it comes to quality, certain brands have actually stood the test of time. I still use the jelly that I used as a young child.

Offline Melee

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »
Yes, certain things have stood the test of time. And may I ask, what is this jelly you speak of and how does one use it?  Do tell, do tell!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 02:33:07 PM »

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2018, 03:19:54 PM »
I don't think anything will ever beat Pond's cold cream. I have tried numerous other products and nothing even comes close to comparing. I wish my grandmother had turned me onto witch hazel! Alas, I didn't find out about toners until later in life.

Ava, are you talking about petroleum jelly or something else?

My mother taught me to use hemorrhoid cream for puffiness and wrinkles around my eyes from a very young age. I still have great skin for my age (and she did too!). I don't know if the hemorrhoid cream is why or if we were just blessed with good genes, but I've read that some people warn against using it for skincare, so I'd make sure to research it first if you're wanting to give it a try. I figure it's too late for me so I haven't researched it very thoroughly.

Offline Melee

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2018, 01:16:58 AM »
I don't think anything will ever beat Pond's cold cream. I have tried numerous other products and nothing even comes close to comparing. I wish my grandmother had turned me onto witch hazel! Alas, I didn't find out about toners until later in life.

Ava, are you talking about petroleum jelly or something else?

My mother taught me to use hemorrhoid cream for puffiness and wrinkles around my eyes from a very young age. I still have great skin for my age (and she did too!). I don't know if the hemorrhoid cream is why or if we were just blessed with good genes, but I've read that some people warn against using it for skincare, so I'd make sure to research it first if you're wanting to give it a try. I figure it's too late for me so I haven't researched it very thoroughly.

I'm with you on that. I don't think anything will ever beat Pond's cold cream. I really like the smell that it has, and how it makes my skin so soft. That stuff is delectable. I could seriously go through about a jar of it in a week if I used it the way that I really like to, which is all over, but I restrain myself and just use it for my face most of the time.
I want to know what kind of jelly Ava is talking about too! Do tell, Ava! Do. Tell. :72:

And speaking of petroleum jelly, I think that is a great product as well. A lot of people warn again using it on your skin, but I think it does wonders. I knew a woman years ago, and she had really nice skin. She probably was about 10, 15 years older than me, maybe more, and her skin looked great. Of course I had to ask her what she used on her skin, and she told me Vaseline. These days I use it all the time, practically every day.

I've heard about using hemorrhoid cream on the face. It makes sense to me because skin is skin. If it's safe and has healing properties on one area of the skin then it should be safe for all areas, in my opinion.

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »
I love the smell! It's just such a clean scent. I've also found it to be the best makeup remover I've ever used. It's so gentle, too! I've never used it on anything other than my face. Have you seen good results using it on your body?

I didn't know that vaseline was supposed to be bad for your skin. You learn something new every single day, no matter how old you get! I don't use it much at all though. How do you use it in your routine?

That's how I feel about it; skin is skin. I don't know what the big deal is. Maybe it's because of the proximity to your eyes? I don't know. All I know is that it works for me!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2018, 03:16:14 PM »

Offline Melee

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »
I love the smell! It's just such a clean scent. I've also found it to be the best makeup remover I've ever used. It's so gentle, too! I've never used it on anything other than my face. Have you seen good results using it on your body?

I didn't know that vaseline was supposed to be bad for your skin. You learn something new every single day, no matter how old you get! I don't use it much at all though. How do you use it in your routine?

That's how I feel about it; skin is skin. I don't know what the big deal is. Maybe it's because of the proximity to your eyes? I don't know. All I know is that it works for me!

As long as one doesn't get any type of creams in the eyes then I don't see a problem with it, but that's with any type of cosmetic. If it works for you, that's what matters! Sometimes I think people try to talk us out of doing what works for us just because they don't like it. A control thing perhaps?

I love the smell of Pond's too, it smells like lemons and cream to me. I just love that stuff. I agree with you, I think it is incredible for removing makeup, especially waterproof mascara, which can be a nightmare to remove if you don't have the right product.

The results that I've seen on my body are that my skin feels very soft and smells really good after using it. I use it as a lotion, but only a tiny, tiny bit because a little bit goes a long way and I don't want to feel greasy.

Another way to use Pond's is a "recipe" that I got from my dear ol' daddy many years ago. He told me that when he was in the Army, he used to combine Pond's and Black and White Ointment together. Apply the mixture to your face on any problem areas you might have.

As far as Vaseline goes, I use it constantly because I'm fanatical about keeping my face moisturized. I apply a thin layer to my face about two or three times a day, minimum. I also use a lot of olive oil also, and apply it to my face either instead of, but sometimes in addition to the Vaseline.
If I'm staying in the house, I'll apply a thick layer of Vaseline to my face, as well as to my eyelashes and eyebrows.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 10:41:29 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms