Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Neighbor had a stroke  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Kidless

Neighbor had a stroke
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »
My neighbor had a stroke about 6 weeks ago.  She knew there was something wrong and called me to take her to urgent care.  Urgent care wasn't open so I took her to the ER.  Her eyesight, balance and speech were affected but not to the point of being debilitating. She's now on the road to recovery and stands a good chance of resuming her normal life in a few months.  I guess what I'm trying to say here is that we need to check on each other often and take care of each other.  Several of us check in with each other every day to make sure we're all O.K. 

Empty Nest Moms

Neighbor had a stroke
« on: March 25, 2018, 08:54:27 AM »

Offline Melee

Re: Neighbor had a stroke
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2018, 12:19:44 PM »
It's good to know that your neighbor is on the road to recovery. Thank goodness she had the presence of mind to be able to know that something was wrong, that in itself shows that the stroke was not as bad as some strokes are known to be. Also, thank goodness that you were there to take her to go get the care that she needed. I think it is great for people to check on each other on a daily basis, no matter the age. Older, younger, and everything in between; family and friends should all look out for one another.

Offline Scatter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:48:56 PM »
How old is she? When I hear a story like this, I automatically think of her family. It's usually natural to reach out to family members in times of emergency. Maybe her kids were too far so she chose to contact a neighbor instead. It was not okay that they left her alone.

I'm glad that she is doing better though. I hope her family pays more attention to her by now.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2018, 11:48:56 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 06:54:17 AM »
Scatter, her family lives 5 hours away.  When we got to the hospital and found out she had had a stroke, I called her son and he was on the road immediately.  She has now gone to live with him for a while until she has recovered as much as she can.  She is 66 years old. 

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2018, 06:54:17 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms