Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking aging badly?  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Lyndish

Taking aging badly?
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:55:36 AM »
Talking with a younger friend, she brought up something odd. Her mother is refusing to be a grandmother, insisting she's far too young to be one, and she's doing it in the children's hearing. In public she insists she is their mother's sister. I'm not sure why she does this, because she's upsetting the children and making herself look silly.

My mother's attempt to look younger began and ended at the dye bottle and she's never said she wasn't a grandma, so I have no idea what to advise. Have any of you encountered someone who isn't exactly accepting aging well? 

Empty Nest Moms

Taking aging badly?
« on: June 28, 2017, 04:55:36 AM »

Offline cherie

Re: Taking aging badly?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 03:39:26 PM »
This is quite strange because I believe that being a grandparent has nothing to do with age. It is quite a privilege if you ask me and it is such an honor for anyone to have grandchildren. I feel sorry for the grand-kids but hopefully, a solution will be found soon. I've never experienced anything like this though.

Offline Elizabeth

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »
I have a good friend that I can remember her saying that she wasn't ready for grandkids yet as she was 'to young' so therefor didn't want any, until they came along and now it is a whole different story! She just dotes on those grandchildren, so things could change at a later date. (although I don't think it is very nice of her to say what she is saying in front of her kids!)

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 04:24:34 PM »

Offline MaryB

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 04:54:35 PM »
That woman is trying to ward off aging and I have news for her,  even if she denies it, she cant stop it.  Sad for the children...

Offline LinBabb

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 11:55:31 AM »
I agree with MaryB, I don't think that the lady realizes she can't stop the aging process, it's going to happen. She really needs a reality check. I imagine it's hurtful to her children.

Offline Becki

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »
She needs to really consider what she is doing to the children by denying that she is their grandmother instead of their aunt  It is sending out the wrong messages and will cause problems down the line.  I hope that she gets used to the idea of aging soon.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 11:45:45 AM »

Offline Becki

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 04:25:07 PM »
I absolutely love being a grandmother, however, I am the sole babysitter for the child.  Not that I don't want to sit, I just think the parents ought to spend more time with the child.

Offline CalamityJane

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 10:50:46 AM »
I've encountered women like this before and I've never understood it. Being a grandmother doesn't have to mean you've turned into a matronly old lady. If she would realize it's all about mindset and taking care of herself physically as best she can, she would discover that her age hang-up is holding her back from really enjoying not only her grandchildren, but life in general.

Offline cherie

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »
I agree that all it takes is a change in mindset because aging is bound to happen after all. There's nothing as disheartening as grandchildren who are upset and afraid because in the end, they'll fear associating with her. The sooner she learns this, the better for everyone in the long run.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2018, 09:50:13 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms