Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

Our Picture Gallery!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stepping up the self-care routine  (Read 4204 times)

Offline Scatter

Stepping up the self-care routine
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:05:28 AM »

I'm spending more time for self-care sessions and I absolutely love it! It feels good to give your body the attention and love it deserves. It's even better because I see some results. Whole-body spa, facial, and meditation are my favorites.

I want to know if there are more things I can do, so throw some suggestions this way!

Empty Nest Moms

Stepping up the self-care routine
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:05:28 AM »

Offline BettyBoop

Re: Stepping up the self-care routine
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
Before you do the spa thing, don't rule out exercise.  That's the best thing you can do for your body as you age.  Especially stretching. After a good workout, a massage and facial would just be wonderful. 

Offline ava

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »
I agree with you BettyPoop. I have made it routine to exercise thrice a week and the body feels rejuvenated at the end of the day. Again, it becomes very therapeutic when a body massage follows the exercise regime. We really have to take care of our bodies because we are its only custodians.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 01:36:08 PM »

Offline Scatter

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:05:44 PM »
Bettyboop, thanks for the reminder! I don't exercise as often as ava, but I did try having a spa after a workout session and it was amazing. I felt like I was rewarded for doing my best and that really boosted my mood through the day. I don't feel like my body hurt more like some people claimed, though. They say it's better to have a cold bath than a hot one or a massage after an exercise.

Offline horizon

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »
I suggest adding facial masks to your self-care routine. Sometimes I buy the packaged ones, other times I make my own. A combination of oatmeal, yogurt, and honey is effective on my red and oily skin. When I'm feeling diligent, I also make my own yogurt. It's fun and I get to learn new things along the way!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:33:14 PM »

Offline Kidless

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 07:49:23 AM »
Great advice here girls.  Thank you very much.  I try to go to exercise class at least twice a week.  Other days I stretch and move as much as possible.  I had not thought of the facial horizon.  I have all that stuff in my kitchen.  Sounds like a plan. 

Offline horizon

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2018, 05:43:04 AM »
Have fun! Skincare is actually pretty easy. We can mix the apple cider vinegar with water to make a cleanser or combine lemon juice and olive oil to make a face mask. I enjoy looking for these simple recipes and finding out which ones work for my skin. The less manufactured products we used, the better, right?

Offline 4am coffee

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2018, 01:34:32 PM »
I take walks in the early mornings. Like, so early the sun isn't up yet. I live out in the country so it's a cool, peaceful way to get the blood flowing and wake up without a full put of coffee.

Offline littleone

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 11:47:34 AM »
Beauty-related activities are irrelevant to me, so I try to focus on my mental health when I have some free time. I read books about principles in life, motivation, and stress management. They are good distractions, and we can learn some new things to pass on to others as well. That's also a form of self-care in my opinion.

Offline CountryMom

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 11:57:52 PM »
My favorite self-care routine isn't physical, but mental. I love meditation. I have been trying to be diligent in doing it everyday because that's how you see the greatest results (same as anything, really.) It gives me such a sense of peace and control over my mind. It's a wonderful thing to feel "in control" of your thoughts and emotions. I highly recommend it.

Offline Indiana

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 11:54:57 AM »
Meditation helps me a great deal. Walks, alone time with my favorite music.....

Self care means taking care of the mind as much as the body in my opinion.

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms