Empty Nest Moms

Author Topic: Salad for lunch  (Read 566 times)

Offline horizon

Salad for lunch
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »
Cutting down the carb is what I really need to control my weight. It's such a challenge for me because I really love it.

I'm thinking about having salad for lunches. I like veggies, but I'm not sure if I will really feel full. I am not too busy in the afternoon or evening, though. Do you have any suggestion on what to try first? Ones that still taste good but can keep me full for long. How do you usually do it?

Empty Nest Moms

Salad for lunch
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:12:24 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Salad for lunch
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:07:42 PM »
Actually salads and veggies have more carbs than meat.  Go ahead and have your salad for lunch but add some protein in with it.  Maybe some diced chicken or ham.  Boiled eggs are good protein also.  Good luck.  I have been battling my weight all my life.  Low carb is the best way to lose.   

Offline horizon

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:32 AM »
I didn't expect veggies to have more carbs than meat. With salad, I thought that we would be able to control the carbs and fats as long as we are being careful with the dressing. A bowl of veggies and diced chicken should have less carbs than one plate of white rice, right? Otherwise, my diet plan would be useless.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 02:16:32 AM »

Offline BettyBoop

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 12:41:11 PM »
Nobody expects that but it's true.  Check out this chart and see.  Veggies don't contain many carbs but still, it's more than meat.  It all depends on portion size and kind of veggie. 

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms