Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I need some help finding a good breed  (Read 1963 times)

Offline MagicMindy

I need some help finding a good breed
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »
I haven't had a dog in years and I've been missing having one around. I think it's time to take the leap and get one. I'm looking for a dog with a moderate activity level, maybe even a low one. I like to get out for a couple walks a day, maybe for about twenty minutes each time. I have a decent-sized backyard they could run around in during the day. My other requirements:

- Good with children
- Minimal shedding (Although I'm fine with taking them to the groomer often if that really helps with the shedding)
- Not a toy dog
- Easy to housetrain
- No aggressive breeds (Unfortunately, almost all of the rescue dogs in my area are mixed with a breed that's considered aggressive. I know there's a stigma attached to some breeds that might not be deserved, but I'm not willing to risk it around my small grandchildren.)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Empty Nest Moms

I need some help finding a good breed
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:28:19 PM »

Offline Kidless

Re: I need some help finding a good breed
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 01:14:10 PM »

Have you looked at the Australian Shepherd?  I know they are good with children and will keep them herded up.  They are a good natured dog and I think they are beautiful.

Offline Treasure

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
Australian shepherds are so pretty, and I've heard that they're good with kids too. I think with that breed it would be ideal to get one that is out of the puppy phase because they do have a lot of energy. They're easy to train too. However, there will be some shedding. You can keep their hair cut short though to keep it to a minimum. If shedding weren't an issue, I'd say go for a collie because they are like the other herding dogs, but their energy levels are a bit lower.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »

Offline haidyl

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 12:11:30 PM »
Have you heard of the Boxer breed whose origin is Germany? They love playful interaction, have a love for children and are generally a people-oriented breed.

Offline MagicMindy

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »
Thank you so much for all of your suggestions! I love australian shepherds and border collies. We had a border collie growing up. However, like Treasure said, they're very high energy. I'm not sure I have enough space or energy to keep up with them. A collie might be a good compromise but, goodness, I don't know if I could deal with all of that hair! I hadn't considered a boxer, Haidyl. I'll have to look into them! Have you had one before?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2018, 01:59:24 PM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms