Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Daughter is still struggling to conceive  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Quiet Abode

Daughter is still struggling to conceive
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »
I've written here before about my daughter's fertility woes and received great advice about how-to respond to causal questions regarding grandchildren.  I'm hoping you all can help me again because the issue is like navigating a mine field.  Both my daughter and son-in-law would like to start their family, but so far it just hasn't happened.  Both of them went to the doctor for a fertility check-up and the great news is that there's no medical reason that they can't have children.  The doctor pointed it out that they've only been trying for seven months.  The doctor does not want to perform egg removal or other invasive procedures at this time since both are healthy and in their mid 20s.  Basically, they just need to live their normal lives and continue trying (a little TMI for me on daughter's relations)

My daughter is very sensitive about the whole thing and feels that I'm not on her side because I agreed with the doctor's analysis. What should I do to show her more support?  Apparently hearing about son-in-laws sperm count isn't enough.

Empty Nest Moms

Daughter is still struggling to conceive
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:44:36 PM »

Offline Katie Ann

Re: Daughter is still struggling to conceive
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 11:16:49 PM »
It's soul-wrenching when your child is hurting and you can't make the pain go away.  I'm sure you've thrown all the scientific facts and medical guidelines at her in an effort to ease her fears.  But she's not thinking about those bits of information when she's scrolling through Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram and seeing her peers with beautiful babies.  The fact that she discussed her husband's sperm count with you just goes to show how worried she is, doctor be damned.  I agree that they haven't tried that long to conceive and I'm glad everything checked out medically.  So, how can you be more supportive?  How about getting a second opinion from a different fertility doctor if their insurance will cover it.  Hearing two professionals say that it's not time to panic and that they're both capable of reproducing might take away the stress.  If that isn't an option, just ask her what she needs from you.

Offline Quiet Abode

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »
Thank you for the wonderful advice, Katie-Ann!  I'll talk to her this weekend to see what we can do.  Thanks!

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 02:57:25 PM »

Offline Treasure

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 02:48:45 PM »
That has to be very hard on you all. I'm so sorry. The doctor is right, in my opinion. Seven months isn't that long, especially if they haven't been trying at the right times. Have they used those sticks that help you determine if you're ovulating? They can be expensive, but you can get a slew of them for a good price on Amazon. A young girl at my gym has been going through something similar and she's been telling me about all sorts of things. (Obviously, she's a very outspoken young woman.) Also, have they tried fertility treatments? I would think that would be better to try before invasive surgery.

Offline Moonlight

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »
Quiet Abode, I'm sorry that it brings so much pressure on the family, but at least I'm glad to hear that both parents are healthy. I've heard of cases in which lifestyle changes help, so I hope it helps you too. Eat healthy food, get enough sleep, take vitamins and water accordingly, maintain positivity and patience.

How is it going so far?

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms