Empty Nest Moms

Netrition

Netrition - 
The Internet's Premier Nutrition Superstore!

You can find many Low Carb products here!

Dixie USA has many to choose from and a lot of them are very tasty! I've Tried them myself and all are pretty simple to make!

.....Looking to make some cake? Try these....Dixie USA Carb Counters Cupcake & Frosting Mix

.....How about a really good Cinnamon Sugar Substitute? Then you may want to try this one! Sans Sucre Cinnamon Sugar Substitute

.....Need a great zero carb sweetner? Try the the 0.5 size! Last a long time.....EZ-Sweetz Liquid Sucralose

.....This is a great Brand to check out for a large variety of low carb products....Bob's Red Mill

.....And another great Brand with lots of low carb products to check out is.....NOW

You can always do a 'search' for other health foods and such while your there so be sure to check them out!

User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not enough sunlight for herbs  (Read 1578 times)

Offline Flower

Not enough sunlight for herbs
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
I have always kept a lot of fresh herbs growing in my house year round, but a few years ago, my husband and I moved into a house that doesn't get enough direct sunlight to grow them. I keep trying and I keep failing. The crazy thing is that we have a ton of windows everywhere, but the way the house is laid out, we just don't get the sun needed for herbs. I used to really love being able to walk around the house and snip whatever I needed for dinner. I may need to get a growing light because it makes me sad when I want to try a recipe and I have everything on hand except for the herbs.

Empty Nest Moms

Not enough sunlight for herbs
« on: February 23, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »

Offline Kidless

Re: Not enough sunlight for herbs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 10:58:04 AM »
I love fresh herbs and have them growing on my front porch in pots.  Sounds like you will have to get the growing light if you're going to continue to have fresh herbs.  You may even consider a small greenhouse with lights.  You would have tons of herbs then. 

Offline Katie Ann

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:02:33 AM »
I grow mint, sage, rosemary, and dill with just a regular light bulb. I'm sure they'd appear more lush in a better environment, but their flavor is just as good. Grow lamps are impossible to find locally due to anti-drug and anti-paraphernalia laws. I guess the stores don't want to deal with the hassle.

Empty Nest Moms

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 12:02:33 AM »

Copyright © Empty Nest Moms